Already laughing At Peak

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Hey, I was an English major.

qc30p.jpg

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Hmm $3 a stop is what single owner operators or get???

Should go both ways when negotiating with a contractor. Example: $120 salary day & bonus stop pay after 90 stops of $1.25 extra should be ok in your area???

So when did u leave, because im on the same fence...
About 18 months ago...got lucky in the market and got a TEAMSTER pension so enough was enough...If I do go back it will be on My terms....But looking at the FREIGHT that HD is doing now I might try Express for peak...I don't think that 120 is fair, more like 175.00 or so for 90 to 100 stops for a rural route plus bonus might entice me.....

CJinx

We had a driver this week deliver about 25 or 30 stops then quit without saying a word to anyone, parked the truck in the hub with almost 80 stops inside. Another guy did that a couple of months ago and he is still there, working for another contractor. We also had a driver fired 3 times, once for cussing out a customer, he's finally gone, but come on, it took three times to get rid of him ?
If a driver is terminated by their CSP but not disqualified by Fedex, they are free to be hired by another entity. I have to wonder why FXG wouldn't push the DQ on someone for route abandonment though, and why another contractor would want to take a chance on someone who did that... Is there more to this story?

As for cursing out a customer; unless there is proof of that happening or those accusations are a trend for a particular individual, it isn't likely anything that anyone is willing to act on because it is a "he said, she said" hearsay scenario. Have you ever been accused of being rude to a customer when you weren't, simply because they were irate and you couldn't help them? Happens all the time across many industries.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If a driver is terminated by their CSP but not disqualified by Fedex, they are free to be hired by another entity. I have to wonder why FXG wouldn't push the DQ on someone for route abandonment though, and why another contractor would want to take a chance on someone who did that... Is there more to this story?

As for cursing out a customer; unless there is proof of that happening or those accusations are a trend for a particular individual, it isn't likely anything that anyone is willing to act on because it is a "he said, she said" hearsay scenario. Have you ever been accused of being rude to a customer when you weren't, simply because they were irate and you couldn't help them? Happens all the time across many industries.

Great deflections (not) from some enjoyable reading. It appears the chickens have come home to roost and that Fred's Golden Goose is imperiled.

You reap what you sow, MF Smith.

CJinx

Great deflections (not) from some enjoyable reading. It appears the chickens have come home to roost and that Fred's Golden Goose is imperiled.

You reap what you sow, MF Smith.
Can you show me what I attempted to deflect? I am just as astounded that route abandonment didn't garner a DQ for the individual in question, and that someone else would move to hire that person to do the same job.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can you show me what I attempted to deflect? I am just as astounded that route abandonment didn't garner a DQ for the individual in question, and that someone else would move to hire that person to do the same job.
Maybe they were looking to hire someone with balls.

It will be fine

Route abandonment shouldn't get a DQ from FedEx. It doesn't violate any fedex requirement. It's the contractor's problem. Hiring that person again is crazy though.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Still betting against the house?

Reading what your fellow contractors are saying is pretty entertaining. If you can't find people to drive for crap wages, the Ground model basically falls apart. Putting a sticker that says "bbsam Inc", and another one that says "Operated for FedEx Ground" doesn't really change anything. It's still Fred's clown circus, and someday soon it will be legally proven he owns the clowns.