Alternative to those huge jackets?

Grey

I'm pretty tall and really skinny everything above XL is super wide and gets caught on everything in my truck. A few guys have hoodies but they're not on the order form. Besides a vest is there a lighter/thinner jacket/fleece type sweater for the winter you can buy through another source?

One guy has a Carhart hoodie that's the indenticle color and nobody notices it but that's sketchy.

Thx.

jrh

maybe try getting a brown jacket that fits and slap some UPS patches on it. maybe just wear it when you're out of the HQ so you don't give management a chance to put the kibosh on it

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Tight layers never a jacket precisely for that reason. Driving with a coat is ridiculous like driving with a straight jacket on, never understood how driving with a coat on can be comfortable lol.

Grey

maybe try getting a brown jacket that fits and slap some UPS patches on it. maybe just wear it when you're out of the HQ so you don't give management a chance to put the kibosh on it

I think I'm going with just a white long sleeve under armour gear once I hit my first stop so the sups don't see it.

undies

Ill wear a long sleep thermal shirt underneath. Just use layers and peel them off as you get hotter, then back on when you get cold again.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You might could try to get a jumper jacket. It's like a pull over type thing if not, just get you a hoody and get a ups patch and get someone to sew it on there. I just got a brown hanes hoody and had my mom sew it on there for me, nobody has ever said a word.

oldngray

nowhere special
This is why many drivers prefer older style jackets if they still have them. It is nice if you have a collection of different styles accumulated over the years and wear what is best for the weather that day.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Order the spring windbreaker jacket. You can get it with extra long sleeves. The vest should zip inside to make it warm for winter

9.5er

I also wear a long sleeve shirt under my uniform shirt. I hate wearing the UPS jacket. Lately our Sups and a handful of drivers have been wearing the UPS hoodies available in the UPS catalog. No way they are approved but no one has said anything yet.
I'm thinking about buying one but soon as I do they'll probably put a stop to it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Order the spring windbreaker jacket. You can get it with extra long sleeves. The vest should zip inside to make it warm for winter

The old coat with a shell and liner was good. Most of the time you could wear the shell without the liner. Maybe a vest underneath if it was colder.

Notretiredyet

I rarely wear the jacket, had to last year a few times when it got below zero. Prefer to wear layers starting with UA thermal then a mock turtleneck in brown under a long sleeve shirt jak. Put a vest over that and I'm good to go, prefer 180 earmuffs over a hat to top it off. Weather changes fast in these parts and I like the option of adding/losing layers during the day.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'be been wearing the thin rain coat. With t shirt and button up shirt. Good as a wind breaker also. I'm tall also. But, not too skinny

Tight layers never a jacket precisely for that reason. Driving with a coat is ridiculous like driving with a straight jacket on, never understood how driving with a coat on can be comfortable lol.
Sometime us northerners need coats in our parts. When it get down to 15 to -15 it's kinda a good thing to have.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Bingo. Unless it gets to the single digits as highs I'm good in my cold gear and long sleeve shirts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm pretty tall and really skinny everything above XL is super wide and gets caught on everything in my truck. A few guys have hoodies but they're not on the order form. Besides a vest is there a lighter/thinner jacket/fleece type sweater for the winter you can buy through another source?

One guy has a Carhart hoodie that's the indenticle color and nobody notices it but that's sketchy.

Thx.
If you go into to feeders you'll fill that jacket out in no time.