Alternative to those huge jackets?

rod

Retired 22 years
Tight layers never a jacket precisely for that reason. Driving with a coat is ridiculous like driving with a straight jacket on, never understood how driving with a coat on can be comfortable lol.

Try it wearing a tee shirt, long john top, long sleeve shirt, brown hoodie and a winter jacket all at once. Add in gloves, mittens if its brutally cold, long john bottoms, don't forget regular underwear, long pants, a thick pair of socks and winter boots and a stocking hat that makes your head itch something fierce. I've also a few times worn Carhart contractors bibs over all this. Now you are in for a fun day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sometime us northerners need coats in our parts. When it get down to 15 to -15 it's kinda a good thing to have.
Just cant do the coat thing, the vest yeah I can do that. Just so uncomfortable to drive in. I guess I just take the approach like if I were home chillin in some comfy gear id do the same thing at work. I guess im just comfortable in my own skin lmfao.

brown bomber

brown bomber
never wore the long sleeve jackets,..during the coldest days of winter it was a long sleeve thermal, along w/ a turtle neck and a long sleeved uniform shirt topped off w/ a UPS vest,..I did carry a rain jacket if the weather turned to rain, I purchased the jacket from Cabelas..it was kind of UPS brown colored. I only wore the rain gear on area,..I also occasionally wore a black or gray raincoat..I knew a few guys that wore yellow raincoats on area. If UPS doesn't take care of its most important asset (UPS Employees), guess we have to take of ourselves

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The new rain jackets have wide torsos and fat arms while those damn "bomber" jackets have super short sleeves makes it look like you're wearing a kids jacket....totally friend'ed up sizing