AM Driving

reddogg

Hello

I recently won a bid for Part-Time early AM driving at my UPS branch after being an unloader for 8 years. The Thursday before last the HR associate who has been working with me said all that was left was my background check and I would probably be on the job on Tuesday. It's been 10 days since then and none of my immediate supervisors know what is going on. I tried to call her and have not received a call back. This weekend I got a letter in the mail saying my background check showed 2 seat belt violations, which I told them about when I applied, but now I'm starting to worry that I won't get the position because of the violations. I'm really looking forward to having this job and I just don't like how they have hung me out there without saying what is going on.

Please help if you can, even if the violations mean I probably won't get the position I would just like to know so I can stop worrying about it. If you or anyone you know has lost a job because of something like this please let me know.

Thanks

UPSGUY72

In order to start driving you can't have any moving violation within the last year and no more than 2 in the last three years. I believe that not wearing a seat belt is a moving violation.

You won't loose your job but you will be DQ from driving untill one year after your last ticket.