Am I Getting hired?

Yosuke79

So I had a interview Monday. Went in got the guy to laugh and had a short talk. I told him about my work and everything. He than told me once the background check goes though he'll contact me. I went on the web site and my application position change from package handler to PRELOADER. How long does background checks take? Am I actually going to get hired or should I start looking for another job?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I had a interview Monday. Went in got the guy to laugh and had a short talk. I told him about my work and everything. He than told me once the background check goes though he'll contact me. I went on the web site and my application position change from package handler to PRELOADER. How long does background checks take? Am I actually going to get hired or should I start looking for another job?
Can you live off $150 a week?

Box Ox

You're probably in within 2-3 weeks tops. Pretty sure the background checking is outsourced to a foreign company as one of my former employers told me an Indian sounding woman gave him a call. They wrap up and give UPS a thumb up or down.

Bren_dan

When I went through that process, I initially interviewed in April, and didn't have my first day of work until June. And very little contact between that time. They literally had me on the hook for two months. It just depends on how urgently they need to field workers.

But you're gonna want another job regardless. You'll be lucky to get 20 hours starting out.

Yosuke79

Well I plan to get my guard card with the money from working with the company and find a second job but I need to get this job before doing that

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It all depends on need. If I really need someone immediately we'll get you inside the door as soon as you complete your orientation. If I know someone is on their way out I may hold off until they are gone otherwise my numbers are affected.

UPSGUY72

As to you getting hired your guess is as good as anyone's else. If they hire you it could tomorrow or it could be two months from now.

HardknocksUPSer

It depends what contract you were hired under but, yes, there are preloaders making over $30/hr.
I'm pretty sure he is, he's also become wary of management as of lately, he seems to think, that they could possibly try to can him for any reason they can find in order to get a fresh young body they can pay 11$ instead of over $30, I can't say as I blame him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm pretty sure he is, he's also become wary of management as of lately, he seems to think, that they could possibly try to can him for any reason they can find in order to get a fresh young body they can pay 11$ instead of over $30, I can't say as I blame him.

He, much like all of us old timers, has a target on his back.