Am I Getting hired?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Marquin Bostic, May 12, 2015.

1. Yosuke79

Yosuke79 New Member

So I had a interview Monday. Went in got the guy to laugh and had a short talk. I told him about my work and everything. He than told me once the background check goes though he'll contact me. I went on the web site and my application position change from package handler to PRELOADER. How long does background checks take? Am I actually going to get hired or should I start looking for another job?

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Can you live off $150 a week?

3. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

You're probably in within 2-3 weeks tops. Pretty sure the background checking is outsourced to a foreign company as one of my former employers told me an Indian sounding woman gave him a call. They wrap up and give UPS a thumb up or down.

4. Bren_dan

Bren_dan New Member

When I went through that process, I initially interviewed in April, and didn't have my first day of work until June. And very little contact between that time. They literally had me on the hook for two months. It just depends on how urgently they need to field workers.

But you're gonna want another job regardless. You'll be lucky to get 20 hours starting out.

5. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

I'm busting out 200 each week

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Wow....I guess Mommy and Daddy don't charge you much for rent, huh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Never stop looking for another job.
    Everyone here will tell you how bad UPS is to work for.
    Everyone is so unhappy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Yosuke79

Yosuke79 New Member

Well I plan to get my guard card with the money from working with the company and find a second job but I need to get this job before doing that

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Do yourself a favor, and don't use your real name as your username.

Just sayin'.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Guard card?

11. It all depends on need. If I really need someone immediately we'll get you inside the door as soon as you complete your orientation. If I know someone is on their way out I may hold off until they are gone otherwise my numbers are affected.

12. Number24

Number24 #24

I'm close to $200 also but no cigar.

13. Number24

Number24 #24

They're so unhappy but never quit. Only the strong survive. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger brother.

14. And makes you a ton of $$

15. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

As to you getting hired your guess is as good as anyone's else. If they hire you it could tomorrow or it could be two months from now.

16. HardknocksUPSer

There's a guy at my center who is making like $600-700 just working preload, pretty insane, he's done his time though, that's a fact.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

It depends what contract you were hired under but, yes, there are preloaders making over $30/hr.

18. HardknocksUPSer

I swear I had you on the ignore list, hold on. Your funny. I also work a second job, thank you.

19. HardknocksUPSer

I'm pretty sure he is, he's also become wary of management as of lately, he seems to think, that they could possibly try to can him for any reason they can find in order to get a fresh young body they can pay 11$ instead of over $30, I can't say as I blame him.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

He, much like all of us old timers, has a target on his back.