Am I hired? Or not?

p25.5

Thursday I went into our hub for a group interview, I had originally applied for a package handler, but when she asked if anyone was interested in the full time driver (temp) I asked if a needed a CDL. She said no, so I raised my hand and was interviewed for the driver position.
She took my SS card, Drivers License, and got all my general information. Asked my background, I told her I was a Deputy Sheriff, I know the county very well and can find addresses very quickly. I own a vehicle with a manual transmission, I have never had an accident, I am used to working in all types of weather conditions, I am a 29 Yr old female, and I have never called off sick. I also told them that I am used to driving large vans because I delivered prisoners in large vans, that had cages in the back, making it impossible to see out the back.
She went through the job with me I told her I could meet all the requirements, she said as soon as my background gets back she'd be calling me in a couple days to come in and do DOT test and road safety test. then go to Columbus for a 4 day training. She seemed impressed with my credentials.
I haven't heard anything, should I call? when? and do I need to fill out a driver application online?

You've Got Mail

Don't call them. They'll call you. After my interview, it took 2 weeks until they called and set me up for a physical the next day. Then I went to school for 5 days and went to my hub the following day to introduce myself. This was on Friday. It's now Monday and still haven't heard word one about when I'd be starting actual work lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thursday I went into our hub for a group interview, I had originally applied for a package handler, but when she asked if anyone was interested in the full time driver (temp) I asked if a needed a CDL. She said no, so I raised my hand and was interviewed for the driver position.
She took my SS card, Drivers License, and got all my general information. Asked my background, I told her I was a Deputy Sheriff, I know the county very well and can find addresses very quickly. I own a vehicle with a manual transmission, I have never had an accident, I am used to working in all types of weather conditions, I am a 29 Yr old female, and I have never called off sick. I also told them that I am used to driving large vans because I delivered prisoners in large vans, that had cages in the back, making it impossible to see out the back.
She went through the job with me I told her I could meet all the requirements, she said as soon as my background gets back she'd be calling me in a couple days to come in and do DOT test and road safety test. then go to Columbus for a 4 day training. She seemed impressed with my credentials.
I haven't heard anything, should I call? when? and do I need to fill out a driver application online?
No, you are not hired yet. They will call you if they want to hire you. Please read...
http://www.browncafe.com/community/...y-asked-questions-read-before-posting.359027/

oldngray

nowhere special
Ron-Swanson-On-The-Perfect-Government-Worker.jpg

p25.5

It is hard to wait, I know patience is a virtue....thanks for the advice. I was forced to resign from my job or be fired, I was told to falsify a federal transport sheet and refused, they made my life hell for the next week and then gave me the option. I have 3 kids to feed, and really want to work. I will keep hanging in there though, God will provide in the meantime, He always does. good luck to all of you.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Have your phone ready at all times (hands free if required by law while driving). If you miss the call, you probably will have a hard time calling them back (blocked #).

It is hard to wait, I know patience is a virtue....thanks for the advice. I was forced to resign from my job or be fired, I was told to falsify a federal transport sheet and refused, they made my life hell for the next week and then gave me the option. I have 3 kids to feed, and really want to work. I will keep hanging in there though, God will provide in the meantime, He always does. good luck to all of you.

Hello. yes, it is hard to wait!

I started this process at the end of August for package car driver...went to appointment middle of September. I have all kinds of experience, driver's licenses, endorsements, blah blah blah. They also seemed impressed with me. Then they said there are no more driver jobs. The guy gave me his card, so I did follow-up a few times. It does sound like you are already in, tho.

I just found out, I got on as a driver helper; go to orientation this week. I specifically asked "so, does that mean I'm hired?" lol

It is a slow process. Hang in there. Feel free to contact me privately if you wish.