Am I screwing myself out of air driver hours?

BUCN85

I signed up for summer coverage but I am also an air driver. I also did winter seasonal and when that kicked in they said I wasn't allowed to drive air anymore because I'm coded as a driver. Is this going to be the case with summer coverage too? Because I am pretty sure I won't be driving too much this summer being lowest man down.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

PT Car Washer

As a seasonal driver you will work as directed. You have no seniority rights. UPS can work other PTers ahead of you. Better hope your management team likes you or it is going to be a long summer for you. The good news, it is a way to go FT driving ahead of other PTers.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even if you were coded as a driver you can still work as an air driver. They just don't want to pay you as a driver to run air routes.

I used to do it all the time. I was a top rate driver and would run a route all day and then they would have a call off on the air routes. They would call and ask me to cover the one bulk van trip that picked up two stops and then to the airport and back. It was easy money and I wasn't married or had kids yet. So I would work from 8:30am until about 10p.m. all at top driver rate.

BUCN85

Even if you were coded as a driver you can still work as an air driver. They just don't want to pay you as a driver to run air routes.

I used to do it all the time. I was a top rate driver and would run a route all day and then they would have a call off on the air routes. They would call and ask me to cover the one bulk van trip that picked up two stops and then to the airport and back. It was easy money and I wasn't married or had kids yet. So I would work from 8:30am until about 10p.m. all at top driver rate.
Well I was coded as air driver in the diad. Then after air plans changed and they needed me to cover 20-30 stops for 2 differnt drivers. So I told who was in charge of payroll to change it and apparently I am getting paid as coverage since I signed the sheet. Now I did this about 3 weeks ago and got top rate. Though so I'm just assuming coverage has started.

PT Car Washer

This should have nothing to do with coverage driver. You are an air exception driver who delivered ground packages. You get top rate for all driving hours that day. You are doing the center a favor by taking the work off the other drivers. Who else would do the work if you didn't? A sup?

BUCN85

This should have nothing to do with coverage driver. You are an air exception driver who delivered ground packages. You get top rate for all driving hours that day. You are doing the center a favor by taking the work off the other drivers. Who else would do the work if you didn't? A sup?
Yea I know this. But I'm just curious of since because I signed up for coverage if that is what they are calling this. I guess I really don't know until I get my check to see if it's $32.90. Or $18.10

BUCN85

Well apparently the ground I did after air last Tuesday was considered coverage because I got paid $16.10 and not top rate. I guess since I signed the single day vacation coverage paper this is what happens

BUCN85

Well I signed this paper in early march. But when it comes down to it I would rather take 60 stops after air and be paid 16.10. Then not given those extra hours at all. Right now I'm looking for the hours and expoerence given the fact we are supposed to be hiring 4 more FT drivers in September and I should be #3