Am I wasting my time working for UPS?

klein

Für Meno :)
More then that UPSgrunt. We get old age pension (Your kind of SS), then we get Canada Pension on top of it.
I think it currently works out to $2000 if you worked for 25 years, more for every year on the Canada Pension part, but old age pension stays the same (equal amount for every Canadian, which I think is $1000 (give or take $100), per month.
Canada pension for a normal worker should be around $1500 to $2000.
Add those 2 together, that's your total pension, plus any company/unions pensions you may receive.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Is enjoying work such a foreign concept in America?

From the re: preloader threads I searched it seemed everyone thought it was a horrible job.. I just wanted to see if it was as miserable as some make it sound.

As for you, hopefully you live long enough to enjoy retirement. Cheers.
Wait, are you asking this question, but don't even have the job yet? OF, why don't you go and observe the job. Ask if you can watch what they do, on any given morning. Just talking to a supervisor should point you in the proper direction.

Keep in mind that my main reason for starting this thread is because what UPS workers were saying. I just wanted the lowdown.
And you got it!

Re-Raise

More then that UPSgrunt. We get old age pension (Your kind of SS), then we get Canada Pension on top of it.
I think it currently works out to $2000 if you worked for 25 years, more for every year on the Canada Pension part, but old age pension stays the same (equal amount for every Canadian, which I think is $1000 (give or take $100), per month.
Add those 2 together, that's your total pension, plus any company/unions pensions you may receive.

Even if you only worked for a couple of years and spent the rest of your life posting on message boards?

upsgrunt

That's about the same amount that is on my estimate from the social security office.

P

pickup

I'm living in Bowness right now.. perhaps I'm living in your old place! haha

Maybe you are living in his old place. Were there empty liquour bottles all over the floor ,anti american slogan placards lying around , and a few pictures of Hitler on the wall?

Oilerfan

Maybe you are living in his old place. Were there empty liquour bottles all over the floor ,anti american slogan placards lying around , and a few pictures of Hitler on the wall?

Who said I was Anti-American?

I don't enough about America to be "Anti".

Riddle me this though:

2000 Americans died last year via "terrorist" attacks

450,000 Americans died last year due to heart problems

Why is it that every penny goes to "defense" instead a problem that actually kills Americans?

If anyone is Anti-American, its your Government.

Re-Raise

Probably not.

As far as I know Canada isn't a major weapons distributor. That's where most of USA's nickels go, unfortunately.

You do buy our wood and Oil though.

I would rather my government spent on defense than increased entitlements. Obviously you two are perfect examples of what happens to people who feel the government will take care of them.

Please stay in Canada. We are have too many like you here already.

As far as working for UPS goes I would say you won't last any longer than Klien. But on the bright side I guess you can continue to post here for years in lieu of finding another job.

klein

I doubt that, lived on 73ST, across from the school.
Bought it at a bargain price for $105.000, sold it near $200.000. But, now it's worth atleast $450.000.

Re-Raise

I doubt that, lived on 73ST, across from the school.
Bought it at a bargain price for $105.000, sold it near $200.000. But, now it's worth atleast $450.000.

near $200,000 ?? When you are bluffing it is all about the details. You should have thrown out like $197,000. It would make your story more believable.

klein

Words of wisdom from a man who does nothing and could not keep a job at UPS.
If you changed wouldn't to couldn't, then your wisdom might carry some weight.

I realize UPS USA is one of the best jobs out there. But in Canada, it sure isn't !
$25 an hr is not uncommen to pay here, and that's the highest pay rate UPS has to offer , without being upper management.

Rotten Ronnies aka Micky D's pays here $11.80 an hr.
Why slave away unloading trailers for 20 cents more ?

Btw, you guys sure made a very good impression towards "Oilerfan" ! :(