Amanda Knox

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just walked, cleared of all charges except a slander charge for which she gets time served. I was never entirely sure about this case one way or the other, though I was leaning towards her being innocent. I hope they got it right.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just walked, cleared of all charges except a slander charge for which she gets time served. I was never entirely sure about this case one way or the other, though I was leaning towards her being innocent. I hope they got it right.
Has to pay 22,000 Euros for defense...........she probably will never eat pasta again!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does she now has cause of action for wrongful imprisonment? Or would it be better to just cut her losses and get on with her life?

I have a 26 year old daughter and don't know what I would do if she was in this situation.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This may not be over after all--I guess the Italian government wants to appeal the appeal. Can they do that?
I heard on the news reports yesterday that the prosecutor can bug her the rest of her life over & over again.....no double jeopardy there.

Just another reason to teach kids to stay within the confines of our borders.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard on the news reports yesterday that the prosecutor can bug her the rest of her life over & over again.....no double jeopardy there.

Just another reason to teach kids to stay within the confines of our borders.....

....the experience of studying abroad is once in a lifetime. The culture and everything about going to school in a foreign country are memories that will last a lifetime. My daughter was fortunate enough to participate in a 30 day musical tour of Europe--she still talks about that trip, which was 8 years ago.

Does she now has cause of action for wrongful imprisonment? Or would it be better to just cut her losses and get on with her life?

I have a 26 year old daughter and don't know what I would do if she was in this situation.

I doubt there is a way for her to do that, she was found guilty of blaspheme just for saying something unkind about the ******* prosecutor.

I agree, I don't what I would do either.

klein

Für Meno :)

I like the fact their isn't double jeopardy.
If new evidence arises, yup, she can still be accounted for murder, unlike here or the US.

Really, it should work both ways, for the courts and for the defendant.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In order for them to have a third trial, she would have to visit Italy, and I don't think she has any future plans to ever go back there.

klein

Für Meno :)
In order for them to have a third trial, she would have to visit Italy, and I don't think she has any future plans to ever go back there.

Not really, never heard of Extradition ? But, Italy would need to bring some hard core new evidence to the table.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes I have heard about that.
But in order for that to happen as you said new evidence had to be found, and they used up all the DNA found on the knife.
So she could easily fight the extradition in US courts.