Amazon and "60 Minutes"

vantexan

Just saw a blurb for "60 Minutes" this coming Sunday saying "Just wait'll you see how Amazon plans to get your pkgs to you in the future." Should be interesting.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Have you guys been told that every Amason pkg. must go on road the day it gets sipped?
We have. No matter what the commit date is on the astra.

TUT

I think the biggest plus for UPS and Fedex not to worry so much about this in an overall scheme, is I believe both carriers are moving their packages at a loss, to the point Amazon may not be able to compete. I do foresee regional options expanding for them, that could be with our without the Big 2. As for you making more if Amazon where to obtain you, I believe they subscribe to "cheapest labor possible" philosophies, at least at the common worker level. I will be watching 60 mins though.

The Forbes article linked really liked to bring Fedex into this, UPS and Fedex have the same exact packages to lose. And it talks how Fedex use to be a Stock market darling in the 80's, well they aren't doing so bad right now.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Hey Tut,
Which company and service level do you use the most?
UPS?
FedEx Express?
FedEx Ground?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you guys been told that every Amason pkg. must go on road the day it gets sipped?
We have. No matter what the commit date is on the astra.

We can look forward to messages telling us that Amazon must be delivered on the commitment date, along with all of the other shippers who FedEx will FAIL this year:panicsmiley: I foresee many thousands of undelivered Amazon packages this Peak. Perhaps we should write Mr. Bezos an informative letter warning him that FedEx is going to eff it up huge for his customers this Christmas. My guess is that he will be on the phone well before Christmas making threats. And Fred and Matt will be making promises they cannot deliver. It will be fun to watch this shatstorm unfold.

Doc Sorting Dude

This season is already peaking this past Friday. Amazon parked three 53 ft containers up at the ramp without 1 pkg being scanned. We have no idea where any of these are going until "sip" scanned are completed on these three containers. All I'm saying is come Monday we are going to get hammered. That's a lot of freakin' stops and more coming. You can tell how busy your station will be by the number of rental vehicles parked. I counted 9 vans and will probably see more during the week. So many new faces in our station, I hope they do a decent job with DRA.

SmithBarney

We have no idea what is coming from Amazon, because they aren't pupping them til the last minute or something such as last Sat. we ended up getting DOUBLE the amount of stuff, it's because NONE of the Amazon stuff was on the reports.. . anyone care to guess why this is happening...?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This season is already peaking this past Friday. Amazon parked three 53 ft containers up at the ramp without 1 pkg being scanned. We have no idea where any of these are going until "sip" scanned are completed on these three containers. All I'm saying is come Monday we are going to get hammered. That's a lot of freakin' stops and more coming. You can tell how busy your station will be by the number of rental vehicles parked. I counted 9 vans and will probably see more during the week. So many new faces in our station, I hope they do a decent job with DRA.

You need to step-up and "meet the challenge".