Amazon brings Minions ads to delivery boxes, marking its first advertising deal on packaging

oldngray

nowhere special
Your next Amazon box might double as a billboard. The company has started sending boxes featuring advertisements for the new Minions movie — the first non-Amazon ads to appear on the company’s delivery boxes.

The yellow boxes with yellow characters from the Despicable Me franchise started arriving on doorsteps as early as Wednesday last week. There are at least three different ads, each tied to a different box size and starring a single Minions character. The box also has the July 10 release date and a special link to a Minions page on Amazon.

minions-amazon-620x349.jpg

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/amazon...king-its-first-advertising-deal-on-packaging/

Box Ox

Hope this doesn't give UPS any ideas for its driver uniforms. Can't lower the quality of the latest uniforms any more so it might be an obvious next step.

21jsxmv.jpg

JL 0513

I delivered a yellow Minions package today. First one I've seen. Amazon needs to do this permanently. There will always be companies wanting the ad space. And the ad is very direct and unavoidable to the recipient. Pretty effective.

Will Amazon finally turn a profit?

Dr.Brownz

I wonder if the ad is tied to what items people are buying? If not I bet that is the next step for amazon, they will figure out a way to charge advertisers for targeted adverts.