Amazon Buys Thousands Of Branded Truck Trailers To Deliver Customer Packages

Orion inc.

I like turtles
On paper they are worth more than the both of us.
Paper is very tricky.

I remember when Amazon announced the fire phone to go head to head against Apple.

They lost terribly.

The one weakness they have is they dabble into too many fields. They want to take on Apple, Google, ibm, ups, Netflix....basically everything.

I see that as hurting them in the long term.

I think they sometimes lose focus of their core business.

Just like ups does too.

Paper is very tricky.

I remember when Amazon announced the fire phone to go head to head against Apple.

They lost terribly.

The one weakness they have is they dabble into too many fields. They want to take on Apple, Google, ibm, ups, Netflix....basically everything.

I see that as hurting them in the long term.

I think they sometimes lose focus of their core business.

Just like ups does too.
I agree.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Do see the big picture? Trailers now, a few years in the near distant future Amazon very own delivery trucks.

Amazon will reduce leasing UPS trailers to load Amazon packages, saving them money. July and October of 2015 Amazon posted profits. Do you think will post profits in 2016?

We've had three big ideas at Amazon that we've stuck with for 18 years, and they're the reason we're successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.

Jeff Bezos

Amazon has several warehouses in new jersey already. Can't speak about the rest of the states.

Faceplanted

Their fire tv product is amazing. Very easy to hack the fire stick, install kodi and get free everything (cable channels, movies, shows ect ect). Amazon seems to have designed this thing knowing about the ease of hacking and the ability to cut the cord and stop paying for cable. Things like this show where their head is.

Amazon no longer needs planes. They are building warehouse with in 2 days of a vast majority of the population, most places get their stuff the next day (mine included)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I remember another company trying to get into the ground business.

They set up a huge infrastructure and spent billions.

They couldn't sustain the losses and pulled out.

DHL
Interestingly enough, the planes they are using to ferry stuff between facilities were former Airborne owned planes that fly regularly for DHL.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Their fire tv product is amazing. Very easy to hack the fire stick, install kodi and get free everything (cable channels, movies, shows ect ect). Amazon seems to have designed this thing knowing about the ease of hacking and the ability to cut the cord and stop paying for cable. Things like this show where their head is.
Or it could mean the opposite and that is was poorly designed in that aspect.

I don't think the design engineers at Amazon did that intentionally.

I have Apple TV which I would like to see them do more with. I wasn't impressed with the fire tv though. And Amazon's original content isn't up to par like Netflix.

Faceplanted

Or it could mean the opposite and that is was poorly designed in that aspect.

I don't think the design engineers at Amazon did that intentionally.

I have Apple TV which I would like to see them do more with. I wasn't impressed with the fire tv though. And Amazon's original content isn't up to par like Netflix.
Have u hacked fire tv yet? It has the ability to install kodi to cut the cord for good. This was designed into the system. Apple TV did not do this because they want you to use iTunes and purchase everything. Amazon is using s different approach, they want you to get Amazon prime, enjoy all their streaming media as well as give people the option of hacking the stick them selves and getting every single tv/movie/show made for free. I have cut the cable and jumped in the Amazon bandwagon due to the fire stick and so have quite a few of my friends. They have some of the brightest programmers in the world, don't think for a second this was an accident. I highly recommend you research side loading kodi on the fire stick, you will call you're cable or satellite company asap to cancel your service when you figure eveeything out. The fire stick got me to sign up for prime, and I have been buying tons of stuff on Amazon the past few months that I Never would have. Like I said my friends have done the same. This was all planned imho by Amazon to get more business and on my end it has worked

Roku allows the same, but they don't provide the marketing, or Amazon prime options, and let's not forget about the Amazon streaming only series that are becoming some of the best you can watch. For example top gear will be out on only Amazon in a few months, they have also contracts some of rhe best writers around for up coming series to be released in the near future. Apple has nothing on them when it comes to this aspect

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Have u hacked fire tv yet? It has the ability to install kodi to cut the cord for good. This was designed into the system. Apple TV did not do this because they want you to use iTunes and purchase everything. Amazon is using s different approach, they want you to get Amazon prime, enjoy all their streaming media as well as give people the option of hacking the stick them selves and getting every single tv/movie/show made for free. I have cut the cable and jumped in the Amazon bandwagon due to the fire stick and so have quite a few of my friends. They have some of the brightest programmers in the world, don't think for a second this was an accident. I highly recommend you research side loading kodi on the fire stick, you will call you're cable or satellite company asap to cancel your service when you figure eveeything out.

Roku allows the same, but they don't provide the marketing, or Amazon prime options, and let's not forget about the Amazon streaming only series that are becoming some of the best you can watch. For example top gear will be out on only Amazon in a few months, they have also contracts some of rhe best writers around for up coming series to be released in the near future. Apple has nothing on them when it comes to this aspect
I have the FireTV and have some issues. Loves to freeze up and the apps get annoying trying to find them. The AppleTV does circles around the FireTV. I wish I had waited to get it.

Faceplanted

I have the FireTV and have some issues. Loves to freeze up and the apps get annoying trying to find them. The AppleTV does circles around the FireTV. I wish I had waited to get it.
I have both I agree Apple TV stock for stock is better. Like I said look into hacking the fire stick and instilling kodi. It's not even comparable how much better and more media you can access on the fire stick

T

Turdferguson

Former Airborne planes?

Do they have antique tags on them?;)
ff1.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have both I agree Apple TV stock for stock is better. Like I said look into hacking the fire stick and instilling kodi. It's not even comparable how much better and more media you can access on the fire stick

I have a separate server we store content on to stream. I digitized and uploaded every dvd and blue ray we own. We have Netflix, Hulu , Amazon prime etc.

We have Verizon fios but I rarely watch cable. Although we did keep HBO. Our cable bill is not that much. We have it set up that we can stream stuff off the server etc to any device or tv in the house.

I had the same problem of the fire tv freezing up. I'm not a fan of Amazon's hardware. I think its inferior to the likes of Apple.

I've got plenty of content to access. That's never been an issue. I will say the security of Apple products over Amazon is one reason I like them better. I'm not a fan of easily hack able platforms in that sense.

Although in this day and technology, most anything can be hacked and modified given enough time and know how.

My 11 year old has been researching how to write code and design networks. He's so into it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have a separate server we store content on to stream. I digitized and uploaded every dvd and blue ray we own. We have Netflix, Hulu , Amazon prime etc.

We have Verizon fios but I rarely watch cable. Although we did keep HBO. Our cable bill is not that much. We have it set up that we can stream stuff off the server etc to any device or tv in the house.

I had the same problem of the fire tv freezing up. I'm not a fan of Amazon's hardware. I think its inferior to the likes of Apple.

I've got plenty of content to access. That's never been an issue. I will say the security of Apple products over Amazon is one reason I like them better. I'm not a fan of easily hack able platforms in that sense.

Although in this day and technology, most anything can be hacked and modified given enough time and know how.

My 11 year old has been researching how to write code and design networks. He's so into it.
I'm an Apple person, and maybe I'm biased, but just the way the whole ecosystem interacts is crazy. I pick up my iPad and can reply to a text on my phone. My fiancee starts watching a movie on her iPad, we end it on the living room TV. It's just great. I have the media server like you. We stream it off the AppleTV since the Fire doesn't give us that option. It just works. That's why I like Apple products. I have no interest in modding crap or jailbreaking them. Give me something that I can boot up out of the box and be using in 5 minutes, and I'm good.

SmithBarney

Yes, but if they up their line haul, they could start running trailers "closer" to distribution locations, dropping off at airports/hubs/etc, even if it's saving them .50 shipping per box they will see profits.

I could see them try and deliver within a certain radius of distribution centers as well, while they don't have to deliver it all to start seeing savings, especially if they use a UBER STYLE DELIVERS NETWORK, OR EVEN 3RD PARTY CONTRACTORS.

To have the infrastructure to do what we do with just their deliveries would require a massive capital investment. An amount they don't have right now. We're not talking a billion or two. We're talking tens of billions. Sure they can make make a nice dent in the cities. But what do you do in the suburbs? The cost advantage just isn't there.