Amazon "Consequences"

!Retired!

Sigh, are you that dense? Peak is always a cluster, but this Peak was beyond cluster. See the difference? If my daddy had left me today's equivalent of $25M, maybe I would start my own shipping company, but he didn't.

You might be surprised about Amazon.
Hello? Did you read my post? I said PEAK hasn't gone smoothly in the 15 PEAKS I've seen. As for this past PEAK, I didn't see anything 'worse' than the past. Do you have proof it was worse? Pictures, hard numbers? I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings by not taking your word.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Hello? Did you read my post? I said PEAK hasn't gone smoothly in the 15 PEAKS I've seen. As for this past PEAK, I didn't see anything 'worse' than the past. Do you have proof it was worse? Pictures, hard numbers? I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings by not taking your word.
I think if you searched google news you will find thousands of articles proving his point.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I don't care what metric or excuse one uses but this peak was different in scale of a disaster.
Hey BB that's pretty interesting stuff over the UPS side about local 804 huh?
Sounds like they are all history.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't care what metric or excuse one uses but this peak was different in scale of a disaster.
Hey BB that's pretty interesting stuff over the UPS side about local 804 huh?
Sounds like they are all history.
it is interesting. What would happen if 250 Express drivers walked?

P

prodriver

Really? Where would they pull drivers from to vet it done? Ground? We've lost a few drivers to Express lately. A real pain in the ass.

We have lost a few to Express this year also, we lost two a couple of years ago and some express guys told me that they were two of best drivers in their terminal, there goes the theory that ground/HD can't do express routes. They were mediocre contractors as far as service goes when they were at ground.

bbsam

Staff member
The annoying thing to me is that Express can hire off the street with zero experience required. I don't have that luxury.

P

prodriver

The annoying thing to me is that Express can hire off the street with zero experience required. I don't have that luxury.

It makes it difficult at times, maybe in the near future they will "relax" the qualifications some, I think its coming this was the first year we could do the driver road test ourselves.

Slick silver

I could see them taking some from ground, heck that's where I came from. When it came to peak, I just think it was areas... Heck we made it through had a few issues with weather, but management at our station were prepared. I always say when u have good management that lead, couriers will take the extra step.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

They don't have a choice. Where I am, it's hard to get people who can meet the three minimum requirements, no felonies, good driving record, and can pass the drug test. At my station, they are hiring three kinds of people. 1. Ex-military, who don't hang around long when they realize they were fooled and will get a better job elsewhere. 2. Foreign born, who have no concept of customer service, but will stay. 3. People who probably rode the short bus to school, who will also stay.

Makes me wonder every day what the future of FedEx will be like.

MAKAVELI

We have lost a few to Express this year also, we lost two a couple of years ago and some express guys told me that they were two of best drivers in their terminal, there goes the theory that ground/HD can't do express routes. They were mediocre contractors as far as service goes when they were at ground.
I would say those two are the exception rather than the rule. The reason express hires off the street is because they have to. Didn't used to be this way but it's the norm now. There is so much turnover now with all the bs and no wage progression and an improving economy, they have no choice. As for ground that rule doesn't stop contractors from hiring with no experience. We all know this is the way it's done at ground along with rampant falsification and bending of the dot rules.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I always say when u have good management that lead, couriers will take the extra step.

Sent using BrownCafe App

This makes all the difference in the world. At my station, Senior Manager is his own biggest fan, and he is clueless. It reflects on most of the management. My manager is fantastic! He is a rookie manager who is already far ahead of the rest. I feel it is in my best interests to help him be the best manager he can be.

bbsam

Staff member
I would say those two are the exception rather than the rule. The reason express hires off the street is because they have to. Didn't used to be this way but it's the norm now. There is so much turnover now with all the bs and no wage progression and an improving economy, they have no choice. As for ground that rule doesn't stop contractors from hiring with no experience. We all know this is the way it's done at ground along with rampant falsification and bending of the dot rules.
I would like to know how contractors hire folks without the experience. Please enlighten me.