Amazon "Express"

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
USPS can't handle a lot of the large heavy boxes that Express takes. I can't see a mail courier delivering a 150lb Weber, or a 150lb piece of furniture.;)

You never will. They will just leave a note to come pick it up at the post office like my lazy mail man does.

If the post office ever restructures like they have been rumored to, what happens to them bending over backwards for Amazon.

MAKAVELI

You never will. They will just leave a note to come pick it up at the post office like my lazy mail man does.

If the post office ever restructures like they have been rumored to, what happens to them bending over backwards for Amazon.
Um that's not what amazon customers pay for. They pay for door to door service. Can't see someone ordering a gas grill on Amazon only to have to pick it up at the PO. Might as well buy one at Walmart or Home Depot.

bacha29

VanT if Smith as you as you claim is a major Democratic supporter then why was he on John McCain"s short list for running mates?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, he runs it like a businessman. Not aware of any Democrat owned businesses that answer to stock owners which bend over backwards for their workers.

I tend to believe employee accounts of a tyrannical culture and sweatshop distribution centers. Democrats can be A-holes too.

vantexan

I tend to believe employee accounts of a tyrannical culture and sweatshop distribution centers. Democrats can be A-holes too.
Amazon has a program for retirees with RV's to work in a number of distribution centers during the Christmas rush. They say it's very busy but the biggest gripe is long hours standing. If old folk can handle it...

bacha29

No not in the least VanT. You're just another dyed in the wool Republican. But like so many similar RINO's you'll be signing up some day for Social Security, Medicare Medicaid when you are in a nursing home and your money's gone along with just about every other New Deal or Great Society program you qualify for and don't give me that lame excuse that you paid into it. They exist because some progressive Democrats managed to get them through Congress because they knew that many working class Americans would never earn enough destroying their bodies working for and making very wealthy people like Bezos and Smith.

Fedwhatnow

This is the vision of FedEx a 24hr 7Days a week non sense.Its crazy what they have the Samedays doing.I remember when I started seeing them about 3 years ago it was just about 10 little transits with purple rear doors.Now it's grown to a full scale operation with a fleet of large vehicles including one T680.?!Its only a matter of time before we all go 24/7 smh.I ask one of those guys how much are they getting started with 16-17hr with benefits.Its a shame that we can't even get that but bust our butts moving Amazon and junk ,yet those guys drive around all day pushing envelopes and blood and make a lot more.I suspect this is FSmith counter response to Amazon who knows,but I do know this friend this company.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

vantexan

No not in the least VanT. You're just another dyed in the wool Republican. But like so many similar RINO's you'll be signing up some day for Social Security, Medicare Medicaid when you are in a nursing home and your money's gone along with just about every other New Deal or Great Society program you qualify for and don't give me that lame excuse that you paid into it. They exist because some progressive Democrats managed to get them through Congress because they knew that many working class Americans would never earn enough destroying their bodies working for and making very wealthy people like Bezos and Smith.
And if you had been here long enough you would know that I've repeatedly said that Social Security is the best idea the Democrats ever had. But really, I should pay into it my entire working life but not accept anything from it on principal? Really? I'm a working class fool just like you sport. The difference is I believe that we need jobs, not more gov't spending, and don't care if some get rich providing us with decent jobs.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is the vision of FedEx a 24hr 7Days a week non sense.Its crazy what they have the Samedays doing.I remember when I started seeing them about 3 years ago it was just about 10 little transits with purple rear doors.Now it's grown to a full scale operation with a fleet of large vehicles including one T680.?!Its only a matter of time before we all go 24/7 smh.I ask one of those guys how much are they getting started with 16-17hr with benefits.Its a shame that we can't even get that but bust our butts moving Amazon and junk ,yet those guys drive around all day pushing envelopes and blood and make a lot more.I suspect this is FSmith counter response to Amazon who knows,but I do know this friend this company.
More snake oil. Most of the time they can't get regular and FO freight in on time. How is this gonna be any different?

RedAngel

Those are all pilots programs Memphis is testing I don't see them In full force yet.However there has been some crazy rumors of some of there innovated ideas and bottom line most of them are Idiotic.
I won't even get into details about the "moving ship center they have us testing out" and next year get ready for the rebbox style FedEx Office ship centers.Electronic style HALS cages accessible 24/7.

Star B

White Lightening
He's not going to pay it. He already diverts the majority of his freight away from Express. Thank you, drive through.

Dano, he'll pay it. Whether it is with UPS or FedEx, he will pay it because they can't get the same level of service (aka 150lbs to the door) with the USPS. It will be rare, but it still be with one of us. The planes will make it easier for them to shift freight around so they don't have to use us nearly as much, but we still will be utilized in some fashion for some time.

TUT

Order something on Amazon Saturday. Gets delivered Tuesday for free, from Kentucky to West Coast, in a 36x24x12 box, aka not small. USPS. They just jumped smack dab into small package world and they work 7 days a week. Hmmm, if they're going to work boxes that size.

MAKAVELI

Order something on Amazon Saturday. Gets delivered Tuesday for free, from Kentucky to West Coast, in a 36x24x12 box, aka not small. USPS. They just jumped smack dab into small package world and they work 7 days a week. Hmmm, if they're going to work boxes that size.
How many of those large boxes are they going to fit in their little trucks? And those packages aren't weighing over a hundred pounds.