Amazon in hot water

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can I continue to support Amazon?

http://usat.ly/1NAWGm1

There's a few more articles out there if anyone else wants to post the links but the New York Times did a write up on amazons working conditions and let's just say it isn't pretty.

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon sounds like a crappy place to work but I have trouble sympathizing with some of the people complaining. Crying at the desk because their feelings are hurt? I have to wonder if people like that ever worked a real job before.

Brownslave688

Amazon sounds like a crappy place to work but I have trouble sympathizing with some of the people complaining. Crying at the desk because their feelings are hurt? I have to wonder if people like that ever worked a real job before.
I think part of that may come from trying to hit certain hiring metrics as opposed to hiring the best person for the job.

Just look at the tech companies taking a beating for not hiring more minoroties. News flash there aren't any to hire.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think part of that may come from trying to hit certain hiring metrics as opposed to hiring the best person for the job.

Just look at the tech companies taking a beating for not hiring more minoroties. News flash there aren't any to hire.

Tech companies probably hire more Asians than their % of population but fewer blacks. Different but still minorities. Not the politically correct ones though.

Brownslave688

That's what it has come down to. Then add in the bad economy and people are fearful.
Yeah. My feeling was those jobs are a dime a dozen. I could go find another within a week likely.

What would make it better? A union.

I mean these people that aren't in corporate Amazon could go find a job with equal pay and benefits no problem.