Amazon, in Threat to UPS, Tries Its Own Deliveries

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At least once a week someone will walk into the Customer Counter trying to return a mis- delivered parcel that belongs to Lasership .

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
and why did you quote that, techie?

the company can lie/code a weather delay or other crap to retain their fees paid

or

the customer can ask for the shipping fees back just like for UPS NDA and FedEx air... for not making their deadline
Um you didn't read the article I guess. That quote was saying that the newspaper did a test of amazon delivering stuff themselves and amazon's own delivery service was delivering stuff late. That's why I quoted it.

Returntosender

A recent Amazon job posting shed some light on the company’s thinking behind the new service.

“Amazon is growing at a faster speed than UPS and FedEx, who are responsible for shipping the majority of our packages,” the ad said. “At this rate Amazon cannot continue to rely solely on the solutions provided through traditional logistics providers. To do so will limit our growth, increase costs and impede innovation in delivery capabilities.”

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/am...own-last-mile-shipping-service/#ixzz2zvw20xpL

FilingBluesFL

Um you didn't read the article I guess. That quote was saying that the newspaper did a test of amazon delivering stuff themselves and amazon's own delivery service was delivering stuff late. That's why I quoted it.

Oddly enough LaserShip came up at a customers place today.

One guy said when he would order stuff next day and LaserShip delivered...

They would deliver a week or so late lol

If they even delivered it at all, he said...

Most of the stuff was extremely late or didn't show up.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Oddly enough LaserShip came up at a customers place today.

One guy said when he would order stuff next day and LaserShip delivered...

They would deliver a week or so late lol

If they even delivered it at all, he said...

Most of the stuff was extremely late or didn't show up.
Lasership is a regional carrier we know sucks already :). It took amazon 9 days to get my work shoes to me using them.

I was sort of surprised that amazon's own in house contractors were missing due dates. I guess we make it look too easy!

abadjam

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1398581490.516977.jpg

HomeDelivery

drivers of those amazon fresh stepvans are employees of Amazon...

Lasership/Ontrac/ other regionals are staffed by IC/ owner-operators

still seeing lasership trying to hire people before peak 2014 arrives... i've seen zero of those drivers in my area or while on-the-road working

due to the low net earnings as stated on some of those craigslist ads, only the lowest-of-low will probably join in

i was entertained for a short while to cut out my middleman-contractor, but he's paying me better than what lasership wants to pay an IC...

FilingBluesFL

still seeing lasership trying to hire people before peak 2014 arrives... i've seen zero of those drivers in my area or while on-the-road working

due to the low net earnings as stated on some of those craigslist ads, only the lowest-of-low will probably join in

For a little while I would see them almost every day, then they've kinda disappeared recently. Haven't seen one in a while.