Amazon, in Threat to UPS, Tries Its Own Deliveries

HomeDelivery

None of this will matter when the next revolution starts. Buy guns and ammo.

wait, what? :dont_know:

you mean this revolution?!?

purplerainsinglecover1.jpg

that's one funky dude, but purple rain is a good song!

RPSman

They deliver much of their own packages here in Florida, and if you read any of the AmaZon forums, the customers have nothing but complaints to say about the service. I still have plenty of Amazon packages in my load, and see the beat up mini vans with grubby looking people out delivering their prime boxes. They are trying that in many of their large markets.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Grubby looking people are who did the hard work at the old RPS, my route was like 75 stops, 125 packages, 358 miles or so. Then you jerks went out on strike, and Ivan Hoffman sold us down the river to Fred S. Then this wonderful "ISP" concept where some contractors have 12 routes or so. In the olden RPS days, it was usually capped at 3 routes max, though I knew one butt kissing contractor at a neighboring terminal who got 4. Look at any parcel service, it is the grubby guys who do the work in the pits to get the company started, then when it gets more profitable, the manipulators show up and buy the routes.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Grubby looking people are who did the hard work at the old RPS, my route was like 75 stops, 125 packages, 358 miles or so. Then you jerks went out on strike, and Ivan Hoffman sold us down the river to Fred S. Then this wonderful "ISP" concept where some contractors have 12 routes or so. In the olden RPS days, it was usually capped at 3 routes max, though I knew one butt kissing contractor at a neighboring terminal who got 4. Look at any parcel service, it is the grubby guys who do the work in the pits to get the company started, then when it gets more profitable, the manipulators show up and buy the routes.
I believe it was Dan more so than Ivan. Jmo

OrionsBitch

Not...
UPS, FedEx and USPS should have banned together and refused to deliver any if their :censored2: from the beginning. We catered to them for hardly and profit and now they are threatening the whole industry. We should have out an end to their ventures early on. Anyone who thinks this won't happen of affect UPS is ignorant. Bezos takes over every market he enters. Plus they are nonunion which is a huge advantage incost. Also the only people who complain about Amazon are older people who are used to the customer relations standards of UPS and the clean image we try to uphold. Millennials don't give a :censored2: if their stuff is delivered by a guy in a van with a free candy sign. Especially if it gets delivered 30in after being ordered.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Sooner than Later...another company will take the place of Amazon.....Make profit from the get go,,,,And Amazon will be a thing of the past!!

Amazon is so diversified it won't be easy to bring down. Just think, if we still judged monopolies based on trust laws, huge companies like Amazon, Google, and Walmart wouldn't be as big as they are today.thats the real issue. Bezos wants to hold monopoly on the economy.

Pretty soon we will be singing

"And I sold my soul to the Amazon store"

Instead of "company"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Amazon is so diversified it won't be easy to bring down. Just think, if we still judged monopolies based on trust laws, huge companies like Amazon, Google, and Walmart wouldn't be as big as they are today.thats the real issue. Bezos wants to hold monopoly on the economy.

Pretty soon we will be singing

"And I sold my soul to the Amazon store"

Instead of "company"
Especially once they have the monopoly on food. As Kissinger said, Those who control the food control the people.

Ghost in the Darkness

When you first hear amazon is going to deliver their stuff you think "sweet, maybe peak won't be such a disaster." Then you realize management will still screw it up.

UPS and usps are doing their best to build another rival.