Amazon labels

srvhero

"leastbest"
Ok,..those guys in shipping at Amazon.com have the power to tick of thousands of UPS drivers daily. It seems like the shipping labels are placed over the seams of every friggin package. almost as a joke. Result, unable to scan.:biting: This peak was the worst. How many out there experience this?

UPSSOCKS

Amazon is actually aware of the problem and you should be noticing a drastic change shortly.. Most of these companies don't understand how a package is serviced and all the elements that goes into it. Amazon was just trained on how to properly clean their label equipment and also trained on label placement. They are not the only company out their we are struggling with. Staples, Office Depot, and Home Depot are also causing delays in the service process....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What's really bad are Sprint with bad barcodes, labels sideways, upside down or on the bottom of the box. What's really sad is UPS Logistics handles all of Sprint's shipping. If our own people don't care, why will anyone else.

over10.5

We have pretty much lost the amazon account out here in Az. They use Ontrac ( independent contractors ). Only see a amazon package when it is 2nd day or next day. Sucks!

BROWN430

What about the Mary Kay boxes that are banded together? If you cut the band off there is another tracking label on the other box that is different from the only one you can see on the top box. Has anyone else noticed this? I cut the band off all of them and scan the the bottom box also

browniehound

Yeah, it sucks but not as much now that we have the Find DC key. Still, you want to scan the packages as you walk to the door and you can't. I first try to put the package down and straighted the label out, then I will use the Find BC key. Other times I will just use the Find BC key right off the bat while I'm walking to the stop.

It just sucks because our day is long enough and anything that takes away from my efficency gets under my skin. This includes customers who have no respect for my time. It seems like they wait for me to walk through the door to get their shipments ready. I'm not talking a three o'clock pick-up here. This guy has the privilage of being my last pick-up. Still, at 1800 hours he is not ready. I'm sitting on 35 house-calls and this guy is making we wait 5-10 minutes so he can finish and then GO HOME. His scheduled pick-up time is for 1730 but I push it as late as possible because he is NEVER ready. For the love of God, does it dawn on him that I may want to go home too?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What about the Mary Kay boxes that are banded together? If you cut the band off there is another tracking label on the other box that is different from the only one you can see on the top box. Has anyone else noticed this? I cut the band off all of them and scan the the bottom box also

The purpose of the second label is in case the boxes get separated, not for you to separate them and then scan both of them.

DorkHead

I have noticed this also. I wonder if the bottom boxes are called in as claims because there doesn`t show a delivered scan for that barcode. It must show a billing scan with the end of day when it is processed, but most likely not a origin scan because the label is covered by the top box. Does anyone know?

over9five

Staff member

I used to do that too. A long time ago, they told us to, but not many people know about it now.

The purpose of the second label is in case the boxes get separated, not for you to separate them and then scan both of them.

Well, not really. A shipper can always make a dup label for two boxes banded together in case they're separated, but they'd have the same tracking number.

Brownforall

I'm not a UPSer, but just a fan who uses UPS. (Kick me out if I can't be at the Brown Cafe.) My question is this: On most boxes we send out, we put the labels on the top of the box in the middle, or to the right/left so it doesn't interfere with the middle seam. Sometimes though (smaller box) it has to be on the taped seam. On the taller boxes we adhere the label to the side of the box. Is there a better way for you guys than what we're doing? Please advise.

over9five

Staff member
I'm not a UPSer, but just a fan who uses UPS. (Kick me out if I can't be at the Brown Cafe.) My question is this: On most boxes we send out, we put the labels on the top of the box in the middle, or to the right/left so it doesn't interfere with the middle seam. Sometimes though (smaller box) it has to be on the taped seam. On the taller boxes we adhere the label to the side of the box. Is there a better way for you guys than what we're doing? Please advise.

Welcome to Brown Cafe, Brownforall (and you are indeed welcome)! Just by avoiding that seem, you are helping us a lot. Thank you for using UPS!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I do the same, I pop the bands and scan the bottom box too. Those tracking numbers are in the system once the label was printed and we need to show proof the box was delivered. I have heard that UPS tried to get them to label on the side when they band boxes together, but they are a large shipper and just refuse to do it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I do the same, I pop the bands and scan the bottom box too. Those tracking numbers are in the system once the label was printed and we need to show proof the box was delivered. I have heard that UPS tried to get them to label on the side when they band boxes together, but they are a large shipper and just refuse to do it.
Very interesting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

The only barcode in EDD is the top one. Not my job to scan other package or worry about it. Do you take apart every banded pkg from other shippers looking for barcodes? I'm sure upper mgmnt is okay with the way Mary Kay ships and is well aware of the situation. Next time you get one of these packages track the 2nd box shipper number. It would be interesting to see if it is in the system.