Amazon not just books anymore

probellringer

yes its true--walk into the truck--there it is.....amazon now has a special on 69 pound air conditioners....had 3 yesterday here in northeast---tell all your customers...i'm sure they are a great deal (no tax,free shipping)but cmon amazon---after 6pm i'd rather be flinging qvc/hsn--now i gotta bust out the handtruck....cutting into my fun time....what can you do ..work is work:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I love Grisham too. Brad Meltzer is an author that writes very much like Grisham....have you read his books?

NHDRVR

yes its true--walk into the truck--there it is.....amazon now has a special on 69 pound air conditioners....had 3 yesterday here in northeast---tell all your customers...i'm sure they are a great deal (no tax,free shipping)but cmon amazon---after 6pm i'd rather be flinging qvc/hsn--now i gotta bust out the handtruck....cutting into my fun time....what can you do ..work is work:happy2:

Sorry you gotta lug them....been there, still doing it, but we have 15 drivers laid off in our center so I wish Amamzon would ship EVERYTHING with us.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What I hate are those recliners that HSN or QVC ship. The boxes are so big, they won't fit through the front door of the customer's house.

over9five

Staff member
We love Amazon. Anytime we need anything, we check Amazon first. Right now I have this cool plant watering attachment thingy in my cart for wifey. I need to get something else so the free shipping kicks in, can't think of a thing!

tarbar66

What I hate are those recliners that HSN or QVC ship. The boxes are so big, they won't fit through the front door of the customer's house.

Those big recliners wouldn't fit through the primary at my center either. If you had one spa'd to your car the ignition keys were replaced with a note from the preload telling you who had your keys. When you got the keys they would tell you which unload door to pick it up at!

bbsam

Staff member
We love Amazon. Anytime we need anything, we check Amazon first. Right now I have this cool plant watering attachment thingy in my cart for wifey. I need to get something else so the free shipping kicks in, can't think of a thing!
Maybe a second probing eyeball?

Cementups

Box Monkey
There is a customer here that gets Amazon books nearly every day, sometimes 2/3/4 pkgs.

I have that person too and it suprises me that it is a 20 year old male.

and amazon has sold basically everything for a long time now. Even air conditioners. I am not a big proponent of Amazon though ause even though a lot of their prices are decent, 98% of hte time I can find prices better elsewhere including shipping. Especially eBay. Someone of my friends would make fun of me cause I would buy jeans on eBay. At least three times I have paid $15 shipped for GAP jeans that were only worn 2-3 times. They are $60 new. Even my running shoes are $130 new. I pay $70-80 shipped for them.

upsgrunt

There is a customer here that gets Amazon books nearly every day, sometimes 2/3/4 pkgs.

There ought to be a place where you could rent a book and then take it back when your done so you wouldn't have to actually buy the book. Others could do the same when you returned the book.:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Amazon has expressed it's desire to be the WalMart of the internet. It's only going to get worse (or better, depending upon your perspective).

So is there a "People of Amazon" website where we can see the ugly, bloated shoppers of the "Walmart of the internet" pounding furiously on their laptop?

WyoBrown

I love Amazon! Especially now that I have Prime. Did you know that with a Prime Membership, not only is 2 day shipping free and overnight just 3.99...you can also put up to 4 people under your membership to enjoy the same benefits. Sooooo...everyone throws in $20 and shipping costs are no longer an issue! I just bought a last minute gift for hubby's birthday...Weber grill...shipped overnight (saver) for 3.99.

bbsam

Staff member
And did your product arrive in good condition, moreluck?:happy2: P.S. Don't ever post that picture again. Thank-you in advance.