Amazon now using Express

jack584

Ordered two things from Amazon on Sunday, I have Prime which gives you free two day shipping.

The items were shipped on Monday by FedEx 2Day from South Carolina. I live in California. Normally the items that I order from Amazon using Prime that are shipped from the South Carolina distribution center are shipped by UPS 2nd Day Air.

I guess Amazon now has a contract with Express for air deliveries instead of UPS.

​I'll report back tomorrow when I get the package if it has the Amazon tape and everything, so you guys can be on the lookout for more Amazon packages.
fedex2.PNG
amazon.PNG

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty sure amazon uses everyone. With the growth of online shopping there is plenty of room for 2 companies.

overflowed

For fedex some parts of the country get pounded by prime and some don't. The real deciding factor for amazon for the networks they use are how quickly it will get there and how cheaply. If there is a mountain range to traverse they might use air instead of ground transport and so on. Maybe something changed in your area.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Amazon uses every shipping company, including the regional LTL shippers.

I ordered something recently that came Smart Post (FedEx system, USPS delivered) that I then returned via UPS.

:knockedout:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amazon uses every shipping company, including the regional LTL shippers.

I ordered something recently that came Smart Post (FedEx system, USPS delivered) that I then returned via UPS.

:knockedout:

Judging from the way Amazon deals with employees, Mr. Bezos is no friend of unions. I would expect him to select non-union carriers in the future whenever possible. Not a good guy.

TUT

What I liked is I ordered a few parts last week and needed them Saturday. They shipped out at $9 @ for Priority Saturday Express. They are getting killer rates, I say so good that I wonder if carriers even know what they could be doing. I mean giving them so good of rates that they damage other competition who would have paid the carriers more. But also allowing Amazon to build up their empire off of major shipping savings and possibly become a shipping company themselves with those savings. At that time both UPS and Fedex would have to look back and think "boy did we friend ourselves on that one".

But as said, I get every carrier under the sun delivering when I buy from Amazon.

If the product is non-prime, those are individual companies just partnering with Amazon, they use whatever carrier they pick like anyone else.

purplesky

What I liked is I ordered a few parts last week and needed them Saturday. They shipped out at $9 @ for Priority Saturday Express. They are getting killer rates, I say so good that I wonder if carriers even know what they could be doing. I mean giving them so good of rates that they damage other competition who would have paid the carriers more. But also allowing Amazon to build up their empire off of major shipping savings and possibly become a shipping company themselves with those savings. At that time both UPS and Fedex would have to look back and think "boy did we friend ourselves on that one".

But as said, I get every carrier under the sun delivering when I buy from Amazon.

If the product is non-prime, those are individual companies just partnering with Amazon, they use whatever carrier they pick like anyone else.

Just remember UPS logistics helped build Amazon from the ground up. UPS is the primary shipping partner for amazon. I have said this before.

Do you realize how much cash and manpower it would take to build a shipping company like UPS today? Now UPS could become an Amazon very easily within 24 months and Amazon would be saying WTF just happened?:wink2:

Amazon needs UPS more than UPS needs Amazon. Amazon is just a middleman online seller with big warehouses designed by UPS. Amazon isn't even that profitable of a company?

There is no reason why UPS could not become an online seller like Amazon.

Think about it. IF WALMART OR AMAZON(THE BIG BOYS IN RETAIL) COULD REALISTICALLY DELIVER THEIR OWN STUFF WE WOULD SEE THEIR TRUCKS ON THE ROAD TOMORROW.

Do you think Atlanta or Memphis have discussed this possibility? You bet they have.

CJinx

One of my managers believes Amazon will become their own carrier some time in the 5-10 years. Sounds like an ambitious project, but totally doable.

bbsam

Staff member
Just remember UPS logistics helped build Amazon from the ground up. UPS is the primary shipping partner for amazon. I have said this before.

Do you realize how much cash and manpower it would take to build a shipping company like UPS today? Now UPS could become an Amazon very easily within 24 months and Amazon would be saying WTF just happened?:wink2:

Amazon needs UPS more than UPS needs Amazon. Amazon is just a middleman online seller with big warehouses designed by UPS. Amazon isn't even that profitable of a company?

There is no reason why UPS could not become an online seller like Amazon.

Think about it. IF WALMART OR AMAZON(THE BIG BOYS IN RETAIL) COULD REALISTICALLY DELIVER THEIR OWN STUFF WE WOULD SEE THEIR TRUCKS ON THE ROAD TOMORROW.

Do you think Atlanta or Memphis have discussed this possibility? You bet they have.

Take the Brown glasses off. Amazon is a money losing fiasco as it now stands. Do you think they will continue to exist to soley enrich UPS? They are going to have to cut costs somewhere and so are not one bit beholden to UPS.

DRAisawesome

UPS driver in my area said January 1 they are getting most if not all Amazon. Don't read into it much other than if it does happen Express will be a slow place to work.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I heard we picked up 1,300 more zip codes for 2nd day air on the east coast once it looked like the contract was passing