Amazon now using Express

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When FedEx Express totally blows Amazon this Peak, we will no longer have a big piece of the pie. Fred is making promises he can't keep in terms of customer service. It's already falling apart, and when you add-in Peak volume and weather? There is going to be a shatload of Amazon sitting on pallets in stations...undelivered. Like I said before, little Timmy will be getting his gift on or about January 1st...if he's lucky. Maybe Smith should just lobby Congress to have Christmas delayed until January 2nd. I can hardly wait for this Peak to unfold...it will be GLORIOUS!!! Bwahahahahaha!!

TUT

When FedEx Express totally blows Amazon this Peak, we will no longer have a big piece of the pie. Fred is making promises he can't keep in terms of customer service. It's already falling apart, and when you add-in Peak volume and weather? There is going to be a shatload of Amazon sitting on pallets in stations...undelivered. Like I said before, little Timmy will be getting his gift on or about January 1st...if he's lucky. Maybe Smith should just lobby Congress to have Christmas delayed until January 2nd. I can hardly wait for this Peak to unfold...it will be GLORIOUS!!! Bwahahahahaha!!

You may want to give them your heads-up:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&skip=true

TUT

Amazon is teaming up with the Post Office to offer Sunday delivery to Prime members in NYC and LA starting next week.

I wonder if this is going to be in a Smart Post/Sure Post type manner, to me that makes sense, otherwise not enough moves through Prime via USPS. For example you couldn't order something Sat and get it Sunday via using USPS the whole way, even if just 500 miles away. However you could do that with Fedex/UPS delivering to the Post Office and having them deliver it. Will be interesting to see how the logistics and ordering process works on this one.

Also gotta love the USPS, they wanted to remove Saturday to save money and look now... they have a Sunday delivery saying it can make them money. I'll believe that when I read it from an independent study. So you guys gotta love it, USPS is going to offer a service you don't which will give them volume, but they'll lose money on it using past history results. Can't write dumber stuff.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They'll find out the hard way. Last Peak was incredibly bad, and this one is looking really bad. It's no secret that I dislike Express, but my prediction isn't anti-FedEx hype. Operationally, things have been going poorly for quite some time, and many Express locations are either severely understaffed and/or staffed with a bunch of barely functional new employees. They can't even handle what they're getting now. If you also factor-in our totally dysfunctional Call Center/Customer Service network, DRA, and general management incompetence, it looks really bad. Plus, most employees are in WAD mode these days and are unwilling to do anything extra. The expectation that Express will be able to handle Ground overflow is downright comical, and this will make it even worse.

FedEx Express is managed by operational idiots. They understand how to sell their product and pump-up the stock, but they don't understand customer service any longer and they continue to make very bad operational decisions. This will be the year where a lot of big shippers are going to understand that FedEx cannot deliver on their false promises. Once their own Customer Service Centers are flooded with calls about undelivered Xmas items, they will finally get the message. Watch this site as Peak draws closer, and see if I'm incorrect about this one.

purplesky

Amazon is teaming up with the Post Office to offer Sunday delivery to Prime members in NYC and LA starting next week.

Awesome! So now the American taxpayers get to subsidize the Post office on Sundays? Thats 7 days of cheap ass Post Office shipping brought to you by the American taxpayer to undercut UPS and FDX.

I have a pickup that uses UPS,FDX,DHL,and the Post office. Its a massive pickup and they give DHL and the Post office a huge amount of volume which really bothers me because some of my tax dollars support the post office and doesn't the German taxpayer support DHL?

Yes UPS and FDX and the airlines fly mail and benefit but why are tax payers subsidizing the operation? I LOVE WHEN I SEE A USPS TV COMMERCIAL AND THEY BRAG ABOUT THEIR GREAT PACKAGE DELIVERY SERVICE BUT THEY ALWAYS FORGET TO MENTION THAT TAX DOLLARS ARE SUBSIDIZING THEM TO COMPETE AGAINST UPS AND FDX.

So Amazon is unfortunately known for paying workers below a living wage and Amazon also gets cheap ass tax payer subsidized shipping? :angry:

Do you guys remember years ago when UPS was considering a 7 day delivery week? Thats also when companies were talking about a 4 day workweek which never happened. Back in the high flying .com 90s.:funny:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think the post office uses taxpayer money. It's an odd business model. They are considered an independent company but are have to congress laws governing how they can run.

HomeDelivery

why don't they divert it to the copious amounts of HD temp drivers they're hiring over the next 2 weeks? if it's not going to get there via express on time (2-day saver or what not), may as well let those HD guys/gals have a crack at those parcels instead of USPS...

it's still too light for me at HD, so i'm going to Ground to fill-in my other hours for the week. Sure, it's going to be fun to plot those stops myself on a zerox/copy of the service area of the day, but oh well! Since Ground don't want to use the VRP system, even just for temps going to the service areas "blind", i'll just look the stops up myself before leaving the hub...

purplesky

I don't think the post office uses taxpayer money. It's an odd business model. They are considered an independent company but are have to congress laws governing how they can run.

Who owns the Post office buildings? Trucks? Equipment? Who owns the USPS brand that gave Lance Armstrong tens of millions to ride a bike? Its a Government operation at the end of the day that is regulated and controlled by Congress.

I have good friends who are mail carriers and they use to argue about 18 years ago that the post office was just a private business operating alone and trying to get into the package delivery business because the internet was starting to kill mail.

Why are their government license plates on the mail trucks?

The post office is losing billions every year and its the government(tax dollars) that is keeping them alive. I am guessing the German tax payers are keeping DHL alive here in the states?

I know they have billions tied up in future pensions because congress made them set it aside and they have been trying to get that money to fix the operation.

But if FDX or UPS were losing billions every year do you think they would survive?