Amazon prime day fall out

Slick silver

I was really expecting a huge amount of Amazon for my route this past week, really haven't seen much extra for my route. Anybody else out there see any difference. Either express ground or ups

I didn't have anything from amazon that I know of. Maybe an item or two. The post office in my area got slammed! One postal driver had his jeep packed out and a small trailer in tow behind.

Slick silver

Obviously I pull 2 routes, mine and the one next to me. And the one next to me is a country route that is basically Amazon, about 40 p2. I figured this week he would be just slaughtered. All week, actually no more then 35 p2. Not even a base line up in the area. Surprisingly, not even that many of them were Amazon. Maybe like was stated, usps is feeling the pain now.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
little change on the HD side too... maybe Friday or Saturday

PS eBay has better deals from what i compared and i didn't even have to wait for the 12th to find comparable discounts

Purplepackage

Even without prime day in the summer 1 week is busy and the next is painfully slow. Don't worry back to school is coming around then you will be nice and busy

!Retired!

Obviously I pull 2 routes, mine and the one next to me. And the one next to me is a country route that is basically Amazon, about 40 p2. I figured this week he would be just slaughtered. All week, actually no more then 35 p2. Not even a base line up in the area. Surprisingly, not even that many of them were Amazon. Maybe like was stated, usps is feeling the pain now.
Only 2? I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull less than 3. You have it easy.

Slick silver

I've done 3 trucks.... Needless to say, the third truck just had everything laying on the floor. My route has a couple bulks, I could only keep up for so long with the 3 rd truck. I swear though sometimes the belt would be set to go a little faster some days.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Amazon is now trucking their freight directly to the local post offices around my area.

Any idea how the PO is doing handling that volume?

I kind of feel like we as taxpayers are subsidizing Amazon now since they want everyone to basically deliver their crap for free.

TheScratchKid

I saw two Amazon delivery drivers transferring packages from one van to the other today. They haven't perfected the back to back method we have, one was merely parked in front of the other and they were walking it off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw two Amazon delivery drivers transferring packages from one van to the other today. They haven't perfected the back to back method we have, one was merely parked in front of the other and they were walking it off.

Truth be told, the back to back method, especially if done on a public street, is actually illegal, as one of the vehicles would be facing the wrong way in traffic.