Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by jagoff, Jul 6, 2015.

1. jagoff

jagoff New Member

2. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

It says more deals than Black Friday, not more volume. Bring it.
  3. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

I heard an ad for this today while streaming on the TuneIn app. My first reaction was you mother:censored2:ers!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Mindthegap

Mindthegap Ain't got no chill.

Over half my route is Amazon already, might as well go for a full truck of it.
  5. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

Great news. That means more stops but a tighter area thanks to DRA . :likeit:
  6. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Guess what?
    Who cares!! ?
  7. RuralRoute

RuralRoute Guest

Have they figured out how to put address label barcodes on their packages yet? I'm tired of manual entry at every delivery not on the DEL list. And what's with slapping the label right over the seam of the package?!
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have the same problem on our side. Thank goodness for Find BC.
  9. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

That's fine with me, I'd rather be out for 10 hours on a nice summer day than in the middle of winter while it's snowing.

But from the looks of that deal July 16th will be insane for every company be it UPS express or ground...and I guess the postal service too
  10. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

This. ^^^

Maybe they could put apartment numbers on them as well.
  11. newgirl

newgirl Member

There is another barcode on the label that you can scan. It's sideways next to the address.
  12. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Ya but it replaced the address barcode... no big deal in dra however
  13. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

New Amazon labels(as of 2 months ago) lost the address barcode at the bottom of the label, but added a vertical tracking# barcode(because of the label on the seam)
  14. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

Right. I wouldn't of thought missing address bar codes is still a thing. If your stations used DRA, it'd be one a non issue. Can't believe so many stations are allow by Memphis to turn DRA off....Hmmm.
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

1/2 our station is rural routes that never had DRA turned on. Still using SRA daily
  17. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

DRA just won't work at some stations, and it most definetly won't work on a lot of routes. Some roads in our service area arent even on a map
  18. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

From what I have read about DRA, I pray it never comes up North. Sounds like a nightmare.
  19. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

Fine with me. Busy is good,esp. when the weather is nice.
  20. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

seems walmart is stepping up to their "Xmas in July" promo by offering similar sales on their website & you don't have to pay the $100 fee to be a prime member at wally-world