Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownmonster, Jul 7, 2015.

1. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I'm glad I'm on vacation next week.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Good for you.

3. Me too! Saw this on the news this morning. Doubtful, but maybe now they'll put in those extra routes they've been cutting of late.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The way my last 10 or so prime orders have went it'll take them anywhere from 1-5 days to ship the order.

5. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Do you live in a rural area or something?

There've been times where my Prime orders arrive the next day (24-36hrs after purchase). It doesn't happen frequently but often enough that sometimes I halfway expect my stuff to get here within a day of ordering it.

6. Brownslave688

I'm not talking about arriving. I'm talking about it taking 3,4,5 days before they even ship the package.

7. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Amazon sucks where you live.

:censored2:ty.

Most of what I order (which admittedly isn't much) ships within a few hours of me ordering it. Maybe that's because of early-morning Amazon use, though, who knows....

8. Brownslave688

It has nothing to do with where I live.

This has recently just started happening in the last 6 months or so. From what I read online it's becoming a much more common occurance also.

9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That's because the product isn't in stock. I have the same thing happen on ebay I end up complaining when after the second day the product still hasn't shipped. In the end I end up getting a refund and buying it somewhere else.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Looks like just another gimmick by Amazon. I am sure there will be many people buying stuff they don't need just because it's on "sale".

11. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

It'd be nice but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that.

12. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

First World Problems.

13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I laugh when customers brag about getting "free two day shipping" with Prime. I rarely see Amazon use 2Day Shipping here. When they do it's only because the product wasn't available in any of the distribution centers within two day shipping range.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Same. Amazon is really starting to suck at fulfilling orders.

P.S. There isn't much Amazon on my truck these days so a Prime promo probably won't mean a lot except that the mailmen will be in a bad mood. Hell today I had more Amazon call tags than deliveries. Everything I was picking up was shipped fedex ground.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I have had plenty of Amazon so far.

16. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I feel another Over 9/5 Grievance coming on.