Amazon Prime Now

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This is what I have long said will be the end of us as delivery drivers more so than competition.

And not really the end more so as we will essentially be drivers helpers with the computer being the driver. So we won't be compensated as well.
I think they're still many years away from using driverless cars at ups.

We will probably be retired and gone by time it becomes cost effective and fool proof to implement that technology.

They are having issues because the driverless cars can easily be hacked. The insurance liability alone would kill any costs offset.

clean hairy

Mail man or fedex.

It still amazes me that a 40 year old can be sitting sitting on the porch see me pull up and you can hear them say hey fedex is here or like you said the mail man is here.
And how often does a person try to give you something that clearly has USPS on it, and they argue "it says UPS right here!"
Sheesh!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think they're still many years away from using driverless cars at ups.

We will probably be retired and gone by time it becomes cost effective and fool proof to implement that technology.

They are having issues because the driverless cars can easily be hacked. The insurance liability alone would kill any costs offset.
Oh yeah I don't think it's something you or I have to worry about but part timers just starting out now....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Just read an article about how Amazons labor and business model won't sustain them to profit if they don't have the high level of customer service.

Which I agree with because it usually takes a few days for them to process an order and they aren't always the cheapest.

I see UPS being very difficult in their next shipping contract negotiations. I heard we are actually preparing to walk away from them in less then 5 years

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Just read an article about how Amazons labor and business model won't sustain them to profit if they don't have the high level of customer service.

Which I agree with because it usually takes a few days for them to process an order and they aren't always the cheapest.

I see UPS being very difficult in their next shipping contract negotiations. I heard we are actually preparing to walk away from them in less then 5 years
I have quite a few pick ups that have been customers for decades and they suffered dearly that year when Amazon destroyed our system during peak,I'm sure they'll be happy to hear that.

DOK

How is it free if you are asked to pay $5?
Amazon should be paying their Drivers a decent wage so they don't have rely on tips!
Imagine how our Drivers would hustle if they got $5 from each Customer they delivered to!

Maybe people will just start tipping us $5 not knowing it's just for the contract guys?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The length of time it takes them to process an order is starting to get on my nerves.

What good is 2 day shipping if it takes 2 days to get it out the door?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The length of time it takes them to process an order is starting to get on my nerves.

What good is 2 day shipping if it takes 2 days to get it out the door?
Ordered something under free shipping because I didn't need it right away. Took 4 days to "process " and then they delivered it "same day" on a Saturday.

How the hell they make money on that, I have no clue

QKRSTKR

you may want to rethink that statement
Yes, sorry. Them taking the ground business away from us didn't happen like they wanted. Yes they are huge overseas. Here the local companies they used started to unionize, something I'm sure they didn't count on. And their service sucked.