Amazon Prime via Express

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Kevinmevin, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kevinmevin

Kevinmevin Member

Just had a Amazon Prime Package delivered to me with FedEx 2 Day Service via express. Out here this never happens since OnTrac and UPS generally get that volume. Funny thing is seems like this package is exactly what FDX wants to offload to ground. Package was 2 pounds and small.

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us&tracknumber_list=532827847730&language=english

Been prime for 3 years and have only got one package via FedEx and that was a One day Prime Package via express as well. Wonder whats up. Anybody seeing more Prime volume???

2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

How does a CRR know if it's a "prime" pkg?

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is no way to know. Amazon Prime is a service where, for $79/year, you get free shipping on all of your orders, not matter how many you place.

4. Mr. 7

Thanks Dave, I know what prime is. I'm saying, there's nothing on the shipping label that would let a stupid CRR know if it's a prime pkg.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

I have seen the occassional pkg with the word PRIME but other than that there is no way for a stupid CRR or dumb truck driver to know.

6. Kevinmevin

Kevinmevin Member

The label does say 2 Day on it, and you could probably infer that a amazon package sent via express is most likely prime.... you would think??

7. Mr. 7

Meh,
    I got bigger things to think about like, which hottie at Victoria's secret and I gonna have sign for their mail bag.

8. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

I have received many Amazon "Prime" packages through Fedex Express and most of them this year.

9. Kevinmevin

Kevinmevin Member

Interesting, I assume ur in California? I almost always get OnTrac and UPS.

Just got another prime that is coming smartpost just now.

10. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

There are literally 1000's of shippers, pretty much any carrier could deliver a Amazon pkg. It's what are the percentages of each carrier, it would be pretty hard to tell from this vantage point. Another example is Apple, they use many carriers, Fedex is still their main, but if you get a UPS from Apple it doesn't mean Fedex lost a large part of their contract, you just got one of the lower % based on product and origin.

11. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Amazon, chooses carefully which service to use, to optimize profit.
    And it can change from time to time.

12. WickedTexan

WickedTexan Member

Read the post. Because he's the one who ordered it.

13. WickedTexan

WickedTexan Member

Again. Read the post.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Perhaps you should re-read the post. The CRR is not the OP.

15. WickedTexan

WickedTexan Member

Ahhhh I see what you're saying. Good lesson on not too post at 1 in the morning. Apologies to 7.

16. Mr. 7

Accepted.