Amazon Shifting Business Away from Fedex to UPS

worldwide

FedEx (NYSE: FDX) may be losing Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) as a customer, an analyst speculated Thursday.

In a conference call Thursday, FedEx told investors it had lost "one large customer" for its FedEx SmartPost service in the recent quarter, driving down volume for the segment by eight percent.

FedEx didn't identify the customer, but Ben Schachter of Macquarie believes "it's highly likely that Amazon is moving traffic away from FedEx and tendering packages directly to UPS for final-mile delivery."

http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rat...nalyst-amazon-shifting-business-away-from-fed

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
If it's "SmartPost" volume being lost, then it might be switching over to SurePost for us.. not sure and the article is largely speculative, at best.

Either way, if it's true, it means more volume in the hub and hopefully my OT will start coming back. $$

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is an amazon building between Houston and San Antonio, and we have definitely seen increased volumn (added a few runs) just for them. Never been there, but judging by the array of stuff they sell, it must be a huge operation. Hell, I've ordered everything from gun holsters to auto parts from them. They're cheap, too.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's this "we" stuff? You are retired and are no longer part of "we". You are now "they".

Resident know-it-all.
2014-06-26-16-53-28-2096418697.jpeg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Third party speculation for the win. I speculate that Apple will stop making the iphone and open a chain of apple juice stands. Press release please.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app