Amazon still not making money.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How is amazon a "tech" company? They are a retailer.

What techs are overrated? Google, Facebook, Apple are all raking in the profits.
Those 3 or 4 are always the ones you hear about in the news....how about a stupid game app company that now goes public and is worth 100 million..overnite. Amazon is a retailer and a tech company all in one...they sell stuff but also have phones and tablets that try design..they are tech.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Then you better hope it's packed securely...when I gotta climb on a stack and bulk (or stack out) out the truck King of the Mountain style.....I'll stand on anything I can safely can.
Remember when a footprint on a box was the worst thing a customer could ever see...now they are so use to seeing them smashed and footprinted up that they don't even say anything anymore

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Remember when a footprint on a box was the worst thing a customer could ever see...now they are so use to seeing them smashed and footprinted up that they don't even say anything anymore
I realize that it's probably embarrassing for a driver to hand a customer a battered accordian shaped box that looks like it's seen war....but the box is the shipping container...if it gets beat up and the contents within are fine..what's the customer's complaint, really? Were they really looking forward to keeping that Amazon prime pantry box?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They're doing something right, they are building a MASSIVE warehouse in Baltimore. That's why there are a ton of feeder jobs being created in the Baltimore area

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A "techie" claiming digital download has greater sound and picture quality than a Blu-Ray disc?? Not a chance.
Dear troll,
Apparently you think you can only download movies in standard definition. You can purchase movies online in 1920×1080 pixels (1080p) which is the same resolution as blu ray. Not all services offer 1080p download.

I really don't care at all about your views or flawed inflammatory opinions. Thank you, drive through.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have two customers who insist that I notate every little nick on every box.
I know I have one of those customers too..total pita but a majority of my customers know that ups is hard on boxes and let most things slide..more of a favor for me. One of the customers use to work for ups loading in the 80's and we both get a laugh at some of the boxes that come in all beat to :censored2:.

MAKAVELI

They also have a cloud service with contracts with the government. They may have started off as a online retailer but they are investing huge amounts of money into technology and have immersed themselves among the tech giants in silicon valley.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I realize that it's probably embarrassing for a driver to hand a customer a battered accordian shaped box that looks like it's seen war....but the box is the shipping container...if it gets beat up and the contents within are fine..what's the customer's complaint, really? Were they really looking forward to keeping that Amazon prime pantry box?
Customers have no idea what these boxes go through....I like the customer who asks.."what the hell happen to that"...and the only thing wrong is a corner that is slightly pushed in..lol. luckily I know all my business customers well enough to tell them that that's not a damaged box and to stop working about minor flaw...

BrownArmy

Yah, I'm not sure Amazon is ready/willing to post a profit yet.

The stockholders (so far) are willing to go along with the Bezos' vision of 'pump all profits into building up the infrastructure until we dominate everything' model of doing business.

It's refreshing to see a company play the long game. The general quarterly stockholder orgy of wanting immediate profits, long-term be damned, is a sort of sickness in our financial system.

Let's see...Amazon owns all their warehouses and the land those buildings sit on, they have zero debt, they make gobs of money yet plow it all back into the company...sound like any company you've heard of?

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Yup, I remember plenty of times when the customer was standing outside the truck waiting for me to "find" his/her package while I was actually in the back trying to rub the bootprints off.
Wow, I thought I was the only one. Sometimes the only way to hide a shoe print, is another shoe print.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
People still buy Blue-Rays?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I always buy blu-ray discs. I buy a new release if I really like the movie. If I like the movie but don't like the movie a lot I will download the blu-ray rip of it. I buy a lot of blu-rays on half.com. Super cheap and their mostly used but great bargain for real.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Dear troll,
Apparently you think you can only download movies in standard definition. You can purchase movies online in 1920×1080 pixels (1080p) which is the same resolution as blu ray. Not all services offer 1080p download.

I really don't care at all about your views or flawed inflammatory opinions. Thank you, drive through.
You're wrong, troll. You can still have a movie that's in 1080 compressed to hell. Do some research. Don't get quality confused with resolution...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

The stockholders (so far) are willing to go along with the Bezos' vision of 'pump all profits into building up the infrastructure until we dominate everything' model of doing business.

It's refreshing to see a company play the long game. The general quarterly stockholder orgy of wanting immediate profits, long-term be damned, is a sort of sickness in our financial system.

Let's see...Amazon owns all their warehouses and the land those buildings sit on, they have zero debt, they make gobs of money yet plow it all back into the company...sound like any company you've heard of?
Yeah, the guy that had all these properties in a Monopoly game I played. Had hotels and everything built up and had to sell all his assets at half back to the bank because he had a few bad rolls of the dice. Amazon is a house of cards that will soon fall. Building up buisness to later charge higher prices doesn't go over well with people, even the CEO said someone will come along and do it better one day.

bbsam

Staff member

Yes, actually. It sounds like Fedex Ground except that they make obscene profits.