Amazon Switching From Us To Fed-EX With 9 Days Left

Indecisi0n

Out of my 500 peices today I'd venture to say 130 were Amazon. That's a conservative estimate.

It seems like the Amazon Prime customers seem to hold themselves in high regard too. One tried to bitch at me while on lunch about how they were upset that their package was taped non Amazon tape. I just shook my head and said,well. I'm eating, I am sorry you feel the need to try and make your self seem important by interrupting my double whopper. She said she had called Amazon and UPS but they wouldn't talk to her because nothing was missing or broken. I said, so what's the problem then? You got your stuff, in one piece, next day, what else do you want. Sometimes we take the extra step and tape boxes to make sure of that happens.
Double whopper, what's your waist size?

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Double whopper, what's your waist size?

I'm a size husky feeder in ToughSkin jeans.

I'm actually a waist size 36. I eat like a boss. If I didn't have this job I'd be the guy on Oprah getting cut out of the side of my house with a forklift cause I didn't fit through the door.

MechLift

switching much of their volume to our competitor. seems like a reversal from last year.
I cannot see a company making such an important change in the middle of their biggest selling weeks although this may have been a contingency plan to execute based on early warning signs. They may be diverting some percentage but not the whole account, that would swamp FedEx and cause more problems than solve.

Speaking of tying the retail and transport pieces into one service: Amazon, in Threat to UPS, Tries Its Own Deliveries

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Would a call center lie?

Jimmy+Kimmel+Live+vs.+Outsources+Jokes+To+Indian+Call+Center.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
called amazon today because we have amazon orders delayed by UPS. lady from Amazon said that they are having so many problems with delays from UPS ( claiming not enough people ) that are switching much of their volume to our competitor. seems like a reversal from last year.

however it seems like we dropped the ball again.
I don't know where you are but we could take a 30% volume hike at my center and we would still finish it all.

smapple

For a company that switched to the competitor my hub is getting a lot of amazon trucks. Just got back from unloading 5 of them, 53' trailers every single one with at least 7 of those damn bins with yellow bubble wrap envelopes and kindles in each trailer.

browntroll

i believe its just a call center rep trying to tell a customer what they want to hear. it seems like every year amazon is switching
to fedex but every year i see their packages in my hub. not sure how you drivers are so nice, i wouldnt be to a customer that was
complaining to me about different tape used while im eating.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
UPS is running every trailer as soon as it hits the yard regardless of what sort it was intended for. Short of something weather related I don't see us delaying anything by our own hand. Amazon is just blowing smoke.

UPS is running every trailer as soon as it hits the yard regardless of what sort it was intended for. Short of something weather related I don't see us delaying anything by our own hand. Amazon is just blowing smoke.
So what you are saying is we smoked Amazon this you and flicked the butt out the window.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If Amazon is using their Lasership Service , everyone will be still looking for their packages well into the new year .
A majority of them are left at the wrong stop .

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Here we have to wait for Amazon to finish, multiple empties on their yard and multiple drivers waiting for them to finish loading so we can grab and go. I agree UPS Home Product Solutions would put Amazon out of business relatively quickly. Our management has "middle-man" experience out the wazoo!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Double bs

I am just reporting what I was told. she said they were getting calls after calls that customers are upset that their tracking is showing delivery on the 26th and 27th instead of the original 23rd when they first ordered.

therefore amazon said they were diverting a lot of volume to fedex. maybe it is a regional problem ( Fernley, nv )

I don't know but why would I make this up?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am just reporting what I was told. she said they were getting calls after calls that customers are upset that their tracking is showing delivery on the 26th and 27th instead of the original 23rd when they first ordered.

therefore amazon said they were diverting a lot of volume to fedex. maybe it is a regional problem ( Fernley, nv )

Not you. We are saying their rep is making it up. Just like our oms say whatever they need to get the person off the phone and somewhat appease them.

oldngray

nowhere special

Is it a surepost package? Delivery dates on those are very indefinite. Also sometimes vendors on Amazon will have a delivery date for a package when you order but after they process and ship it might have a different expected delivery date.

Overpaid Union Thug

So what you are saying is we smoked Amazon this you and flicked the butt out the window.
Amazon is probably not getting the orders processed in a timely manner and adding a day to everyone's delivery dates..... and blaming it on UPS. They were actually more to blame for last year's debacle than UPS but through us under the bus. Why not? The average customer is ignorant enough and naive enough to believe it.