Amazon Switching From Us To Fed-EX With 9 Days Left

Imchar1

Most amazon packages are surepost. Its probably USPS screwing it up. There is no way its delayed on our end. So thanks surepost for allowing incompetent carriers to damage the UPS brand.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am just reporting what I was told. she said they were getting calls after calls that customers are upset that their tracking is showing delivery on the 26th and 27th instead of the original 23rd when they first ordered.

therefore amazon said they were diverting a lot of volume to fedex. maybe it is a regional problem ( Fernley, nv )

I don't know but why would I make this up?
Snail mail can get it there by the 26th. Even the 23rd. Someone is blowing smoke up someone's arse.

undies

Ordered many things from amazon this past weekend. Been getting stuff from USPS, UPS, fedex, ontrac and one with no name of the shipping company. So I'm pretty sure amazon isn't picking one shipper over the other.

Scuba Steve

I've ordered 13 different shipments this peak from Amazon. I have 3 left to arrive that I ordered the 16th. The shipments that arrived, FedEx ground, USPS and Lasership delivered. No UPS. Lasership surprised me from the nightmares I heard about them. Package arrived 2 days hidden by the front door. It arrived a day ahead of time. The 3 I have left, two are coming USPS and one FDX Smartpost. As usual the USPS tracking blows.... It's been strange that none of my Christmas shipments came UPS this year.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a package that hit Houston on a Friday. I live about 1/2 mile from the city limits. It took 5 days to be delivered by USPS. also had a package sent FEDEX to USPS, and I tracked it daily. Original delivery was 12-13. Checked it again online, and now it said 12-15. That day came and went, and it then it said online that it would be 12-17. It was indeed delivered 12-17. Finally. It said it was delivered at 7:45AM I called the local USPS office and asked him if they actually delivered packages at that time of day. He told me they go out in the morning with packages, finish that, then come back and deliver their regular route of mail. Checking my list, I still have 6 things left to be delivered. (fingers crossed)

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I had a package that hit Houston on a Friday. I live about 1/2 mile from the city limits. It took 5 days to be delivered by USPS. also had a package sent FEDEX to USPS, and I tracked it daily. Original delivery was 12-13. Checked it again online, and now it said 12-15. That day came and went, and it then it said online that it would be 12-17. It was indeed delivered 12-17. Finally. It said it was delivered at 7:45AM I called the local USPS office and asked him if they actually delivered packages at that time of day. He told me they go out in the morning with packages, finish that, then come back and deliver their regular route of mail. Checking my list, I still have 6 things left to be delivered. (fingers crossed)
I've seen usps vehicles at 5am delivering around my neighborhood, they even knock on doors!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most amazon packages are surepost. Its probably USPS screwing it up. There is no way its delayed on our end. So thanks surepost for allowing incompetent carriers to damage the UPS brand.
Actually ups knew when they picked this service , when they are relying on the po for final del that these kinds of delays could and would happen...nobody to blame except for ups...we're doing it to ourselves...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It's an ideal situation, actually. Whether its Surepost (UPS) or Smartpost (FEDEX), If there is a delay, and I've had several this year, since 2 different companies handled your shipment, it's easy for them to play the blame game. You don't know who dropped the ball..I document all my online orders, writing down when ordered, when shipped, when expected, etc. I track them daily and update my list. The biggest problem I've noticed is with USPS. They have held some of my packages as long as 5 days in the same city that I reside and not delivered. :angry-very:

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually ups knew when they picked this service , when they are relying on the po for final del that these kinds of delays could and would happen...nobody to blame except for ups...we're doing it to ourselves...

Nope. The blame is on the customer who wants the cheapest shipping possible even though it is slower. Once it leaves the UPS system and is in the hands of the USPS then UPS has done what they were paid to do in a timely fashion.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nope. The blame is on the customer who wants the cheapest shipping possible even though it is slower. Once it leaves the UPS system and is in the hands of the USPS then UPS has done what they were paid to do in a timely fashion.
I hope you don't 100% believe this...now that ups sees the amount of stuff going to po all they see is green from less drivers they have to hire....don't let them fool you

oldngray

nowhere special
I hope you don't 100% believe this...now that ups sees the amount of stuff going to po all they see is green from less drivers they have to hire....don't let them fool you

The point was about delays which are not UPS fault. Whether UPS should have created Surepost is another issue and debateable as to whether UPS would have kept that work otherwise. FedEx already had Smartpost and Surepost copied that.