Amazon to deliver via drones

TUT

I see you can even get the toilet paper gift wrapped. How special.

I was talking about this at the shop today, laughing about what could happen. One guy i was talking to said, he actually does this now because he can get it cheaper that way. I guess i need to start comparing toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent etc. i never really thought about it and well, I get free shipping...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Look what I found... you guys were quoted in the Huffington Post :wink2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/06/amazons-drones-delivery-drivers_n_4393443.html

Would love to see a tiny helicopter deliver inside an office building, apartment building or a 70 pounder...
What a collasal waste of money. There's just no way this works. And I'm one that thinks our job won't exist in 30-40 years.
What sound like science fiction today maybe everyday stuff tomorrow.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see some judge has now over ruled the FFA on if beer can be delivered by drones. He says YES it can. All right!!! Beer and target practice at the same time. Just don't shoot until after the beer is delivered.

TUT

How the article ends:

"All automation displaces and ends union jobs," Partridge said. When it comes to the drones, "We haven't done any serious thinking about it. But I think we really should."

He's right. Google's CEO is on record recently stating there is a showdown coming between Humand and Robots and he hopes humans will win. Funny they keep buying up robotic companies, are they then squashing them or making them a reality. For the conspiratists, robots fit the NWO.

Coupe of comments I liked:

In Texas, we call that Skeet Shooting with a prize.

--------------------------------------------------------

This is simply a PR distraction from all the bad press Amazon has been getting about warehouse worker conditions, tyrannical behavior by the CEO, etc.

Yep all about that cheap labor at all costs.