Amazon to use HD and Ground instead of Express

Doc Sorting Dude

Managers have advised us that Amazon will be largely turned over to Ground and HD as noted. I know this won't happen overnight but for me and a lot of Express drivers out there, Amazon accounts for a lot of what we do everyday. Giving this to our Brothers and Sisters in Grnd/HD is fine but aren't they already busy as heck? It's probably a money issue and what isn't now-a-days, but do we see downsizing and hours being cut as a result of this decision?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All part of the master plan. Nobody in Express is surprised any move made. Feel bad for the bottom routes.

You beat me to it. It's the Master Plan in action. All by design, and in the works for quite awhile. I'm sure that our crack Sales team will make superb commissions from this move.

CJinx

Sweet. Amazon is pretty notorious for screwed up addresses in my area. Means I'll have plenty of boxes that are easily turned around with a single phone call. Makes my department look great. :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure that sealed the deal.

Yep. Why pay them more for additional work when you can pay the same low wages? More profit for Fred. I wonder how long it will take them to figure out that he's screwing them deeper, harder, and faster?

MAKAVELI

northbound

Every stop every package pays... More volume equals more revenue[/QUOTE]
For you, the contractors, but for the majority of drivers, no.[/QUOTE]

Well for my crew as I make more they make more

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well for my crew as I make more they make more

Yeah... Sure,[/QUOTE]
And Fred S really is not the Antichrist.[/QUOTE]

I hear Fred sizzles when he talks, especially about money. Oh, and he also pitches a tent when you start talking profits. Sulphur, brimstone, and battery acid all combined into a great "leader". Hey, maybe he IS the anti-Christ.