Amazon volume doubled this saturday

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
what I loved was the letter from freddy telling us that we had a great peak and only looked bad because we were lumped with ups. OMG what color is the sky in his world?
if you really want a laugh (or vomit) read Freddy's same letter on the company intranet and then read the employee comments after it. The purple kool-aid is obviously still flowing out there all across the land by the tanker load. "oh thank you Mr. Smith!, thank you thank you thank you for simply being you!...." Nauseating to say the least

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Of course he is; you're still working for him. :)
Me and thousands of others looking for a way out.

You on the other hand will be sucking up to him 20 years from now while you're adding to your profile on Iamfedex.com

hypo hanna

if you really want a laugh (or vomit) read Freddy's same letter on the company intranet and then read the employee comments after it. The purple kool-aid is obviously still flowing out there all across the land by the tanker load. "oh thank you Mr. Smith!, thank you thank you thank you for simply being you!...." Nauseating to say the least
I bet 95% of those commentators are either sales reps or HR people.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In the latest mailout 'From The Chairman' Fred unsurprisingly is unwilling to accept any blame for the last peak fiasco. He goes on to say that it was mostly UPS that failed and any FedEx service failures were "blown out of proportion by the media."

I suppose he expects the workforce and the stockholders to swallow his latest round of BS hook, line and sinker. I guess he chooses to ignore all the mountains of undelivered freight that sat at each station for up to 10 days because him and his Memphis elite have no clue how run Express properly.

One would think that after 40 years in the business they'd have some sort of clue.

More spin-doctoring. Unless Fred lives in an alternate universe or maybe an isolation chamber, it's pretty obvious he would have to know how utterly effed-up Express is right now. Peak 2013 was a disaster, and he can try to deflect some of the fecal matter onto UPS, but it isn't going to stick.

Fred is an incredible liar. God forbid that investors might find out we have inept management throughout the Express organization and that our turnover rates exceed those of fast-food franchises.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Bingo! It isn't exactly unknown for a company to pay people to write positive comments.
could be....for the most part, the spelling and grammar were atrocious.

Even though more and more people are finally "getting it" every day, I'm amazed at the number who still think FedEx is a pretty good deal. And I mean these are types who if you say anything unflattering about the company at all, they react like you just called their momma a ho.

Make no mistake, they're still out there - probably no more than about 5%, but in a company this size that still amounts to a lot of airheads running around out there in their purple regalia. And they're exactly the type who would readily respond to the "comments" section of Jim Jones....err, I mean Fred's swill.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
could be....for the most part, the spelling and grammar were atrocious.

Even though more and more people are finally "getting it" every day, I'm amazed at the number who still think FedEx is a pretty good deal. And I mean these are types who if you say anything unflattering about the company at all, they react like you just called their momma a ho.

Make no mistake, they're still out there - probably no more than about 5%, but in a company this size that still amounts to a lot of airheads running around out there in their purple regalia. And they're exactly the type who would readily respond to the "comments" section of Jim Jones....err, I mean Fred's swill.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...led-this-saturday.354735/page-2#ixzz2srJCatO1

I have a friend who is still one of "those people". Drives me crazy! When they try to get us to take a break while waiting for aircraft, she is on board. She actually thinks they say that out of concern for us getting off earlier. Lol. I informed her that, no, it's not to our benefit AT ALL. It's all about looking good on reports. She refuses to buy it. Oh well, I keep trying.

Her doctor informed her how crappy our insurance is and her response was, "Oh well, that card will take care of everything extra". Tried to explain that one to her and she still doesn't get it. Siggghhhh.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have a friend who is still one of "those people". Drives me crazy! When they try to get us to take a break while waiting for aircraft, she is on board. She actually thinks they say that out of concern for us getting off earlier. Lol. I informed her that, no, it's not to our benefit AT ALL. It's all about looking good on reports. She refuses to buy it. Oh well, I keep trying.

Her doctor informed her how crappy our insurance is and her response was, "Oh well, that card will take care of everything extra". Tried to explain that one to her and she still doesn't get it. Siggghhhh.
Sounds like your friend needs to have a lengthy stay at a quality detox center.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like your friend needs to have a lengthy stay at a quality detox center.

The best "detox" method for FedEx is one of the following:

1. Get injured
2. Have an accident
3. Don't make SPH
4. Get on the management "shatlist"
5. Mention unions
6. Question compensation
7. Have a disagreement with a customer
8. Have a disagreement with a co-worker
9. Question management decisions
10. Do something that involves potential falsification

Usually, having to deal with the fallout from one of the above will jolt you back into reality and force you to take a hard look at your company and your "career". Put down the "Rootin-Tootin Raspberry", and cleanse yourself of the poison.

bbsam

Staff member
Why do you guys even read the crap put out by corporate? We have a continuous feed video that everyone has learned to completely disregard.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why do you guys even read the crap put out by corporate? We have a continuous feed video that everyone has learned to completely disregard.

Here's why. The "continuous feed" you refer to is what they'll use to terminate you if you don't follow everything to the letter. Yes, we all disregard Frontline and other corporate propaganda, but if it involves policy, you need to pay attention. I realize Ground sort of just runs according to the whims of the contractors (just look at most drivers), but Express is a different animal. If you put a Puerto Rican flag on your truck, they would and could fire you for doing so. Try wearing a pin on your uniform at Express and see what happens if it isn't "approved".

bbsam

Staff member
Here's why. The "continuous feed" you refer to is what they'll use to terminate you if you don't follow everything to the letter. Yes, we all disregard Frontline and other corporate propaganda, but if it involves policy, you need to pay attention. I realize Ground sort of just runs according to the whims of the contractors (just look at most drivers), but Express is a different animal. If you put a Puerto Rican flag on your truck, they would and could fire you for doing so. Try wearing a pin on your uniform at Express and see what happens if it isn't "approved".
my guess is they would fire somebody not for wearing the pin but because they are looking for a reason to fire that person anyway.

But on another note, look at what you posted. "...run on the whims of the contractors...". Almost sounds like you're coming to realize that the contractor model is legitimate, that FDX doesn't control everything, that contractors do get to define their own businesses. Not what you WANTED to say, but there it is.

bbsam

Staff member
I read it for the laughs. At least I'm getting something out of it that way.
strange. I don't get the feeling most think it's very funny. Basically he's rubbing your noses in a pile of crap. Oh, Memphis is laughing. Probably laughing harder if they know their screwing you and you're still laughing.

hypo hanna

strange. I don't get the feeling most think it's very funny. Basically he's rubbing your noses in a pile of crap. Oh, Memphis is laughing. Probably laughing harder if they know their screwing you and you're still laughing.
What I'm laughing at is that still think the rank and file still buys into their propaganda. I'm laughing at the Narcistic executives producing videos as if they are hollywoods finest. I'm laughing at their clumsy attempts at humor and their inability to relate to their own employees. Its funny stuff!

Goldilocks

Memphis can kiss off.