Amazon Volume...Where is it??

Kevinmevin

I never see any Amazon Volume on the ground side of FedEx at my hub and I was wondering if Express is where it's at mostly??

Though I do know Amazon is using SmartPost a lot this year, I think it also may have to do With OnTrac taking a lot away from us in CA.

Walmart is a different story... the packages never stop coming.

Kevin

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never see any Amazon Volume on the ground side of FedEx at my hub and I was wondering if Express is where it's at mostly??

Though I do know Amazon is using SmartPost a lot this year, I think it also may have to do With OnTrac taking a lot away from us in CA.

Kevin

They are at UPS and a lot in SurePost. UPS won a contract from FedEx a few months ago.

SmithBarney

We still get quite a bit of Express especially SAT. I'm glad that they finally started using scannable address barcodes on the labels.. even if only half of them scan.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We still get quite a bit of Express especially SAT. I'm glad that they finally started using scannable address barcodes on the labels.. even if only half of them scan.

Same here.

All powership accounts should be required to use the scannable bad-coded addresses on the labels. But the management and sales staff are too afraid of pissing off the customers to say anything.

Kevinmevin

They are at UPS and a lot in SurePost. UPS won a contract from FedEx a few months ago.

Really? Guess I missed that conversation. Makes sense now. Although The last 2 Prime packages I ordered from AMZN came SmartPost and actually made the two day commit time which was interesting.

I know Zappos which amazon bought has a exclusive with UPS so maybe that also had something to do with it as well. Some type of deal.

Yankee Candle and Walmart NEVER stop coming. I love getting the Yankee Candle ones though. They smell so good while you're loading and they are mostly the same sizes so it makes it really easy to stack!

Express Courier

Amazon pkgs has the worst scannable address labels and why do they always put it in the crease of the box?

They really do have a terrible address barcode. I notice that many times the code is cutoff at the beginning or end of the label.

Anyway, we see quite a bit of Amazon at our station.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My last Amazon order was shipped via Surepost but, unlike most of our Surepost packages, this one was shipped directly to the Post Office and was not processed in our center. It had just one barcode (1Z) and was delivered by the mailman.

Lucho Kaiser

I believe we still deliver saturday delivery for amazon, but we no longer do alot of the 2 day weekly stuff. We were getting massive complaints about packages being left out in the open or packages coming up missing for customers. I remember last yeat getting a speech about how we were gonna lose the account, even had us start treating all amazon like an ISR because it was such an issue. One of the down lying stations used to get a pup 100% full direct from amazon, lucky if its 50% im told now. Maybe fedex will figure out that low wages, poor morale, and constant lies equates to employees who dont care if packages are delivered or the condition their in. It tough day in day out being the one guy who appears to cares it seems... just to explain why my gap reports have an extra minute because I carried something to a garage for an eldery person or had a diagnostic pickup and the elderly person doesnt have it wrapped yet and doesnt know what to do. I wont leave, ill help and reveive there package. Dont care if it takes 1 min or 5 min the customer is #1. Or, how last year we had literally a 100+ dex 1's last christmas, just about all were amazon. We'll take packages this year knowing they'll be late for christmas and dex 1 in a warehouse till afterpeak. Offering a service that you know you wont be able commit on is fraud in my opinion.

vantexan

...We'll take packages this year knowing they'll be late for christmas and dex 1 in a warehouse till afterpeak. Offering a service that you know you wont be able commit on is fraud in my opinion.

This will go over well. Tell me, what is FedEx supposed to do when it's system is overwhelmed with Christmas freight, especially with bad weather in much of the country? And FedEx does make it clear in it's fine print that it can't be held responsible for acts of God i.e. bad weather. All things considered we do a pretty good job. Do you know why FedEx gets slammed so hard the week before Christmas? Because people realize that it's too risky to try to get it there by any other company. We do the best we can with the hand we're dealt.

There are plenty of reasons not to like FedEx. But let's stick to legitimate reasons.

Kevinmevin

I've seen an lot of Inbound to Amazon Lately though via ground. Not full trailers but a good amount. Of course its not amazon sending those packages in, its the vendors.

I got one sat delivery via express earlier this year. But most of my prime stuff comes via OnTrac, which im beginning to hate.

packageguy

In the back of my ups truck

Kevin

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This will go over well. Tell me, what is FedEx supposed to do when it's system is overwhelmed with Christmas freight, especially with bad weather in much of the country? And FedEx does make it clear in it's fine print that it can't be held responsible for acts of God i.e. bad weather. All things considered we do a pretty good job. Do you know why FedEx gets slammed so hard the week before Christmas? Because people realize that it's too risky to try to get it there by any other company. We do the best we can with the hand we're dealt.

There are plenty of reasons not to like FedEx. But let's stick to legitimate reasons.

Actually, for many locations, he's (LK) right. And while I agree largely with what vantexan has to say, there are many stations where Xmas presents won't get delivered until after Xmas. Some of that is due to volume, but a lot is just poor planning. No runners, too many rental vehicles at some locations, and not enough in others, and way too many managers who don't know what they are doing.

Back to the fun.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I can't wait. Since this Saturday is "mandatory" and I am NOT on the schedule, nor have I heard from my manager (or any other for that matter..) so I will not be there...tee hee hee

Kevinmevin

I can't wait. Since this Saturday is "mandatory" and I am NOT on the schedule, nor have I heard from my manager (or any other for that matter..) so I will not be there...tee hee hee

This weekend should be interesting as well for me. Were supposed to process 600k packages between the Sunday and Monday Sort. So far we've been running quite well this peak. So be ready ground guys volume is coming from CA!!