Amazon volume?

Sign___Here

Is everyone's volume way down from Amazon? Rumor around here has Amazon leaving us January 1. Anyone heard that as well. Seems to be very hush hush topic.

FedexCares

Amazon volume seems about the same to me. There have been multiple rumors over the last few years that we will soon be losing amazon or seeing a huge dropoff, yet it never happens.

MassWineGuy

We're definitely seeing much less Amazon at my Express station. And I see a couple of Amazon vans every other day or so.

bacha29

It's slow but it's usually slow this time of year. I honestly don't feel like Amazon leaving will impact us that much
Indeed. Right now you're in the eye of the storm. At the same time there are people close to Bezos who say publicly that he has eyes on becoming a common carrier with the primary market is becoming the carrier for some other unnamed but large scale online retailers. The worst kept secret in the world is that Bezos is unhappy about shipping costs and has set about to solve what he sees as a growing problem in the online retail market. As for leaving , X might become fourth on the list of preferred carriers with the volume dropping quite a bit but he won't leave X entirely unless he's certain that he won't need them in the future.

Purplepackage

Indeed. Right now you're in the eye of the storm. At the same time there are people close to Bezos who say publicly that he has eyes on becoming a common carrier with the primary market is becoming the carrier for some other unnamed but large scale online retailers. The worst kept secret in the world is that Bezos is unhappy about shipping costs and has set about to solve what he sees as a growing problem in the online retail market. As for leaving , X might become fourth on the list of preferred carriers with the volume dropping quite a bit but he won't leave X entirely unless he's certain that he won't need them in the future.

Amazon could drop fedex on january 1st and we would still be delivering amazon on the 15th from our backed up system LOL.

The only company amazon would truly hurt by delivering their own volume is USPS

Gone fishin

Same amount at our place. Really wouldn't be a big difference with or without them. Noticing a lot more different companies shipping. Bezo will fail soon enough

Doc Sorting Dude

Right now. I'm not sure Amazon is comfortable with their drivers performance. The drivers in my area leave their engines running, go nose first into driveways,..etc...they look lost on how to run the routes efficiently so I don't see volume dropping as fast as people think. Remember, we've been at it for years. They've just started IMO.

Gone fishin

Right now. I'm not sure Amazon is comfortable with their drivers performance. The drivers in my area leave their engines running, go nose first into driveways,..etc...they look lost on how to run the routes efficiently so I don't see volume dropping as fast as people think. Remember, we've been at it for years. They've just started IMO.
Have you seen these amazon guys and I guess their girls I think. 12 bucks an hour. Wait till the snow ,cold and ice and see how many are left

Star B

White Lightening
Amazon doesn't care about driver performance. The slower the driver is, the less they get paid.

Purplepackage

We have a new daily bulk pup, 300 average/500 or more on Monday. Wanna know what they are shipping? Clothes, very expensive clothes such as 150 dollar ties (and yes I've looked it up lol)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Have you seen these amazon guys and I guess their girls I think. 12 bucks an hour. Wait till the snow ,cold and ice and see how many are left

Amazon doesn't care about driver performance. The slower the driver is, the less they get paid.

Wait, if u get paid by the hour, and road conditions goes to crap, why would they get paid less ?!? they're not paid by the stop like some HD or Ground drivers, eh ? I'd love to get paid by the hour

bacha29

Early holiday sales projections are not glowing and some say that retailers will have to cut prices significantly if they want to move inventory and people knowing that will again wait until they do so at the last minute. You just have to wait and see . We don't sell the stuff to people we just haul it out to them.