Amazon walks March 31st?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Volume was down quite a bit today in our center. I had 25 stops less than yesterday so weird for a Wednesday. I had a lot of amazon but made me think of this thread.

cino321

Volume was down quite a bit today in our center. I had 25 stops less than yesterday so weird for a Wednesday. I had a lot of amazon but made me think of this thread.

Last week and earlier this week many business were closed due to Passover. Many of them reopened today. I'm expecting to be hammered Thursday and Friday.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I know you're new, but you have to start to thinking globally, not locally. Volume here was up yesterday and today. Lots of Amazon, too.

dragracer66

I'm not a driver but at my building here in Pa we are still sending 11 trailers a day with no sign of slowing down. Wow I just can't believe a rumor wasn't true!!!! Like most of the paranoid contract talk on here......

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
No changes to our feeder pickups at the 4 Amazon warehouses in AZ. Guess the rumormongers were wrong again.

The only difference I've noticed this week is the new Amazon Prime tape on their boxes.

So it's safe to say Amazon did walk... To a new tape distributor. Volume at the 7 centers within my division is up on Amazon deliveries with more heading to homes instead of Surepost.

QKRSTKR

Well I don't think amazon pulled from ups on the 31st. I had a lot of amazon prime yesterday that was either saver or second day air. Plus lots of ground from KY. Looks like a rumor to me.

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I pull only one of many Amazon loads from one of the two Amazon distribution centers in my area. Work has been steady to date.
Last week I overheard the shipping manager tell the FedEx Ground driver that the FedEx loads were changing from a will call when loaded trailers are ready to a scheduled pull time spread over 4 or 5 scheduled pulls per day. I took that to mean Amazon was increasing the FedEx volume..... This may mean absolutely nothing. Hopefully I won't have to report my load has been cut any time soon.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I've noticed that our Macy's packages, which have always included UPS RTS labels regardless of carrier, now include FedEx Ground RTS labels. And several of their distribution centers which previously used UPS are now using FedEx....

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I pull only one of many Amazon loads from one of the two Amazon distribution centers in my area. Work has been steady to date.
Last week I overheard the shipping manager tell the FedEx Ground driver that the FedEx loads were changing from a will call when loaded trailers are ready to a scheduled pull time spread over 4 or 5 scheduled pulls per day. I took that to mean Amazon was increasing the FedEx volume..... This may mean absolutely nothing. Hopefully I won't have to report my load has been cut any time soon.

These distribution centers are still relatively new and are ramping up their production in general. This could just be an adjustment as we BOTH are seeing a bit more volume from them.

Amazon is killing your particular hub....especially come Thursday.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
today,, 4/10... seems every other house i went to dr a pkg had a fedex amazon pkg there allready