Amazon

bbsam

Staff member
I doubt it simply because of the infrastructure required. We are having the ground breaking for a new Ground station here in a month and it won't be up and running for two years.

However, it they decide to do something with a contractor model, I will be answering that Craigslist ad!

Goldilocks

I doubt it simply because of the infrastructure required. We are having the ground breaking for a new Ground station here in a month and it won't be up and running for two years.

However, it they decide to do something with a contractor model, I will be answering that Craigslist ad!

They are planning this. I have a friend who works for Amazon. When this happens there will be a mass exodus at Express. Many drivers are waiting for this to happen.

They will probably give you less money per package than fedex! Dont go backwards..lol

MAKAVELI

They will probably give you less money per package than fedex! Dont go backwards..lol
He will just take it from his drivers. He has learned from the master, Fred S.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
a pipe dream is thinking that a company like Amazon would set up a delivery service.and pay union pay and benefits.

I don't need union pay and bennes to deliver for amazon, I just need something better than Express, and just about anything would be better than Express.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't need union pay and bennes to deliver for amazon, I just need something better than Express, and just about anything would be better than Express.

Amazon is all about inexpensive. That won't change when it comes to transportation especially if they start getting taxed.

Doc Sorting Dude

This is something they will probably explore but the reality is they have two big carriers (actually 3 USPS) in their pockets. All they have to do is threaten to exclusively use one instead of the other and they will see their transportation costs go down. The infrastructure costs from the ground up to be their own delivery service (as mentioned) will cut deeply into their profits so why risk it?

bbsam

Staff member
Did that ad say......wanna poke a fedex driver up the a.................??.lmao

It read as follows: "Needed--Able middle management type skilled at getting a high level of productivity from average skilled workers. Must have excellent geographical knowledge, business background/experience, preferred but not necessary. If selected, you will be tasked with the hiring, maintenance, and discharge of individuals necessary to make timely deliveries for our worldwide company. Vehicles, insurance, taxes and all business expenses are soley the responsibility of the contracted entity.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Ebay did it.
EBay's One-Hour Delivery Service Expands to More Cities - DailyFinance

This is what's coming next. Sam, this is me...

images.jpg
images.jpg

TUT

They are planning this. I have a friend who works for Amazon. When this happens there will be a mass exodus at Express. Many drivers are waiting for this to happen.

That will be interesting to see on all avenues. From your guys view, I wonder what they'll pay, my guess not the best. They are building the regional hubs to save on shipping, putting a min wage driver (or a little better) in Amazon attire is my first thought. To me they will be like a regional carrier with name brand uniform on.