america over worked

sounds boring.

Automation is another factor... Ups production is through the roof compared to 1975 standards. Without automation, ups would probably have 50% -100% more employees...ups now has subsidiaries.

Ups store, Ups capital, Ups airline, Ups freight, etc...

Should ups funnel capital from one subsidiary to another to pay higher wages? Maybe ups should have to hire a couple flight every flight?

FYI...a ups drivers wage is up about 1000% since 1975.

rickyb

Automation is another factor... Ups production is through the roof compared to 1975 standards. Without automation, ups would probably have 50% -100% more employees...ups now has subsidiaries.

Ups store, Ups capital, Ups airline, Ups freight, etc...

Should ups funnel capital from one subsidiary to another to pay higher wages? Maybe ups should have to hire a couple flight every flight?

FYI...a ups drivers wage is up about 1000% since 1975.

yes wages have stagnated because of immigration, automation, women entering the workforce, and globalization.

i very much doubt wages for UPS drivers have risen 1000% adjusted for inflation, especially when the rest of the population has fallen.

if ups had a social conscience, then it would lobby for regulations for higher wages or even better worker control. if it just rose wages, and its competitiion did not, then ups would be undercut.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
yes wages have stagnated because of immigration, automation, women entering the workforce, and globalization.

i very much doubt wages for UPS drivers have risen 1000% adjusted for inflation, especially when the rest of the population has fallen.

if ups had a social conscience, then it would lobby for regulations for higher wages or even better worker control. if it just rose wages, and its competitiion did not, then ups would be undercut.
UPS's wages are way ahead of the competition but undercutting is yet to be an issue.

oldngray

nowhere special
Good point... A driver told me he was making $3.67 when he started in 1976. At $7.31 it would be about 470%

I think top rate was about $14 per hour in 1977. I started on preload at $5.96 then and had the same top rate as drivers which was $14.21 I think back then.

According to inthegame drivers wages increased 470% since 1975. Ups does lobby about unfair competition.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i wouldnt expect nothing less on here. ridicule and low end humor saturates the forum..got a bunch of digital tough guys.
image.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Waaah....anyone else you'd like to blame for your unemployment status? I'm still waiting with baited breath about when "complaining about your paycheck" became a cardinal sin at UPS?

mjjlohn

yea i had a job until they fired me for complaining about wage theft. im positive i wasnt going to last the 2.5 years at $14/hr. i cant stand 9 to 5 jobs anyways. and yea i do live with my parents, property around here is $1,000,000, and mainland chinese are driving average joes out of the market. alot of my friends do, some rent and make some landlord rich, and a few are foolish enough to have bought into the canadian housing bubble.

over 30% of americans between the age of 18 to 34 live at home now. capitalism is failing america as jobs are outsourced etc, and college tuition is highest in developed world. the ones living with their parents arent necessarily lazy, the american capitalist economy stinks.

http://www.businessinsider.com/18-34-years-olds-living-with-parents-2014-6

mjjlohn

yea i had a job until they fired me for complaining about wage theft. im positive i wasnt going to last the 2.5 years at $14/hr. i cant stand 9 to 5 jobs anyways. and yea i do live with my parents, property around here is $1,000,000, and mainland chinese are driving average joes out of the market. alot of my friends do, some rent and make some landlord rich, and a few are foolish enough to have bought into the canadian housing bubble.

over 30% of americans between the age of 18 to 34 live at home now. capitalism is failing america as jobs are outsourced etc, and college tuition is highest in developed world. the ones living with their parents arent necessarily lazy, the american capitalist economy stinks.

http://www.businessinsider.com/18-34-years-olds-living-with-parents-2014-6

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
In Denmark, only 20% of the population works 40 hours a week. 50% of the women that have babies go back to work. Its a safe place to live cause they leave their doors open, kids unattented, very family oriented. Ricky i found your next home. Bye.

rickyb

http://www.cepr.net/documents/no-vacation-update-2014-04.pdf

The United States is the only advanced economy in the world that does not guarantee its workers paid vacation. European countries establish legal rights to at least 20 days of paid vacation per year, with legal requirements of 25 and even 30 or more days in some countries.
Australia and New Zealand both require employers to grant at least 20 vacation days per year; Canada and Japanmandate at least 10 paid days off. The gap between paid time off in the United States and the rest of the world is even larger if we include legally mandated paid holidays, where the United States offers none, but most of the rest of the world's rich countries offer
at least six paid holidays per year.

In the absence of government standards, almost one in four Americans has no paid vacation
(23 percent ) and no paid holidays (23 percent)
. According to government survey data, the average worker in the private sector in the United States receives only about ten days of paid vacation and about six paid holidays per year:
less than the minimum legal standard set in the rest of world's rich economies excluding Japan (which guarantees only 10 paid vacation days and requires no paid holidays).