American Football in Ireland

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PT Stewie, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

[video=youtube;6agho_pbFLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agho_pbFLM&feature=related[/video]

2. texan

texan Well-Known Member

I watched that yesterday.
    It did my heart good to see Notre Dame convincingly defeat Navy on Irish soil in Dublin.

3. CharleyHustle

CharleyHustle Active Member

Saw this yesterday and what a stadium! Packed house, what a spectacle! Wish it could have been a better game tho.

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Did not go over well in this house.

5. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

How Come ?

6. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It's a big Navy house. Both of us are Navy brats. Wife's Irish to boot.

7. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Sorry if I possibly offend. US Army for 22 years.

My mom is 100 percent Irish and went to Catholic grade school and high school.

My dad was Jewish. What a mix ehh?

I remember her sharing that one time in her life, her father obtained tickets to a Notre Dame game
    and she took the PRR to Indiana and got to watch a game live. She was at college in PA at the time.
    Her face lights up so when she shares this story.

I have nothing againt the Great Naval Academy in Annapolis. I even visted there and watched their
    practice once, and saw the goat on all the towers.

Here are some a pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

My brother is a cum laude graduate of Notre Dame big deal in the family especially with the Irish heritage and my boss is a Blue and Gold officer for the Naval Academy who's son is a Marine Lt Colonel .Makes for some fun in the office at the full time job.

9. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I have been to football games at both venues .Marched down the quad after the band to the field in South Bend and been in the stands at Annoplis to see a fly over before the game. The one thing I want to do is go to the Army-Navy game. Being from the Philadelphia area it is kind of a shame I have not done that yet.

10. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"