American ninja warrior

Tough Guy

Uh, no it's not.
Sometimes, yes it is. For example, I never park on the right when on the "sharp" side of a curve. Even on s&v rides, there's certain houses where I'll let the sup know I'm about to park on the left side. They never said a word about it.

The reason I feel it's safer in those situations, is i was on the right, and someone was trying to go around my parked vehicle, they may not be able to see around or thru my vehicle, and if someone was coming the opposite way at the same time, they could collide with each other.
In that instance, parking on the left allows both lanes to still be visible from both sides. Also, if I were to try and cross behind the vehicle, I wouldn't be able to see anything to my right as I cross past the truck.

Again, I'm not condoning it as a perpetual practice, and my keyword was sometimes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ah, FedEx. Running off stops (literally), leaving their bulkhead doors open, leaving the engine running, parking on the wrong side of the street, not ringing the bell or knocking...Amateurs.

The last time I was a helper my driver mocked FedEx every chance he got. "Walking is hard!" -- In reference to a driver that parked on the wrong side of the street...so he could run the stop off from the driver-side door.
I do that without running because I'm lazy.

jaker

trolling
Sometimes, yes it is. For example, I never park on the right when on the "sharp" side of a curve. Even on s&v rides, there's certain houses where I'll let the sup know I'm about to park on the left side. They never said a word about it.

The reason I feel it's safer in those situations, is i was on the right, and someone was trying to go around my parked vehicle, they may not be able to see around or thru my vehicle, and if someone was coming the opposite way at the same time, they could collide with each other.
In that instance, parking on the left allows both lanes to still be visible from both sides. Also, if I were to try and cross behind the vehicle, I wouldn't be able to see anything to my right as I cross past the truck.

Again, I'm not condoning it as a perpetual practice, and my keyword was sometimes.
I have one spot on my route that I do the same for that reason and I have done it with sups on car and explain why and never heard a word

Not everything is black and white

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Any of you watch this show? My son loves to watch it so we usually watch it together.

Well there was a Fed Ex driver on the show tonight. His intro before his run showed him at work. He was sprinting back and forth to his truck. He also said he became his Sups best driver by running 44 stops in 2 1/2 hours.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard.
I'm a FedEx Express driver. I'm not sprinting ANYWHERE. As far as SPH goes, as someone said before, every route is different. A UPS friend of mine once told me he might have 20 stops on five streets. Guess what? An Express driver will probably have five stops on 20 streets. That makes a huge difference.

Ah, FedEx. Running off stops (literally), leaving their bulkhead doors open, leaving the engine running, parking on the wrong side of the street, not ringing the bell or knocking...Amateurs.

The last time I was a helper my driver mocked FedEx every chance he got. "Walking is hard!" -- In reference to a driver that parked on the wrong side of the street...so he could run the stop off from the driver-side door.

I've seen UPS drivers on my route driving down the road with their phone up to their ear many times, pulling nose first into short driveways, and parking on the wrong side of the street (definitely not as much as Ground though). I think I'm the only one in my rural area who rings doorbells. As far as the bulkhead door goes, if you guys didn't have Telematics, I bet the majority would drive with the door open once their truck emptied out, just like they used to.

I will admit that FedEx Ground has horrible habits. I've seen them go into 10 story buildings, leaving their bulkhead and side doors open, with the motor running. I've almost been run off a country road a few times from their reckless driving. Neither UPS or FedEx Express has perfect drivers. Y'all are just held more accountable because of Telematics.

Tough Guy

I don't care if you are talking about some dirt road out in the middle of nowhere----some idiot will come whipping around the corner and plow in to you, which would be your fault for being on the wrong side of the road.
And what if an accident was caused by 2 other drivers because of a collision? On account of not being able to see the road way through my truck? Whereas they would be able to see with me parking on the left.

Packmule

All depend on the route. 44 stops in 2 1/2 hrs on parts of my route is screaming. On the right curb and gutter resi at the end, I've hit as high as 39 in one hour.
Need more info before I judge here.