Americans Are Literally Being Worked To Death

menotyou

bella amicizia
"We are each our own God, and we make this world our heaven" Big Guy
I had a very large grey goose named Big Guy. I'd wake up in the morning and call his name out of my window. He'd be down at the chicken coop. He would be at the back door before I could get dressed. I loved that bird.
:bigsmile2:

laffter

I had a very large grey goose named Big Guy. I'd wake up in the morning and call his name out of my window. He'd be down at the chicken coop. He would be at the "back door" before I could get dressed. I loved that bird.

I see your hidden message.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
How about the flip side of this in that Americans buy more crap that they don't need, buy new cars every 5 years or so, live in bigger houses than they need, and so on and so on.

Americans would not have to work those hours if they lived a more frugal lifestyle.

So damn true.

Americans seem to seek out all those things as an inevitability. We hear the American dream soap box speech, believe it can be done no matter job, income or lifestyle. Not only are these things sought out for, they pile them one ontop of the other. The new house, new car, trailer and a new baby. All these payments all at once will cause those types of working hours.

The cure is to live within what you make, and be in the blue each week instead of in the red. Have no debts, or slowly aquire one debt and make it ones goal to pay it off quickly as possible without breaking the first statement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had a very large grey goose named Big Guy. I'd wake up in the morning and call his name out of my window. He'd be down at the chicken coop. He would be at the back door before I could get dressed. I loved that bird.
:bigsmile2:
When we lived in Idaho Falls, every Sunday we would go for breakfast to Smitty's near the river & the falls.
We'd remember to grab some saltines and walk across the street to feed the geese (all snow white)

Our kids were young (maybe 12, 10 and 8) and they got a big kick out of it. The birds were mean. If they didn't like you, they would chase you.

The grass was pretty slick with goose crap and you had to watch your steps.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When we lived in Idaho Falls, every Sunday we would go for breakfast to Smitty's near the river & the falls.
We'd remember to grab some saltines and walk across the street to feed the geese (all snow white)

Our kids were young (maybe 12, 10 and 8) and they got a big kick out of it. The birds were mean. If they didn't like you, they would chase you.

The grass was pretty slick with goose crap and you had to watch your steps.
Our grey geese were nice, but there are some. We has some white ones, once. They had my mother pinned to the ground one time, attacking her. She had the broom and it still didn't help. I had to grab them by the neck and 'frisbee' them away. They had a healthy respect for me, after that. My mother wouldn't go near them. Once lived out their lives, we didn't get anymore.

I'm not sure if their life expectancy is that short at someone else's house.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How about the flip side of this in that Americans buy more crap that they don't need, buy new cars every 5 years or so, live in bigger houses than they need, and so on and so on.

Americans would not have to work those hours if they lived a more frugal lifestyle.

Americans would not have to work long hours, or overnight jobs (which are the jobs that truly work people to death), if America was not such a globalist greedy pig that values money above everything else.

mitchemracing4

I work part time = about 14,000 a year currently . Wife Full time = about 25,000 a year We take a weeks vacation every year to the beach or mountains. and normally 2 short vacations . Own a home out in the country , 2 cars , A little one running around and couldn't be any happier . Some people just want to much in my opinion .

Packmule

You nailed it on the head Hoaxter. But then again, people won't be your friend anymore if you don't live as extravagantly as they do. Course, some of us don't consider those people the kind of friends I need....

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
America is the sum of it's citizens needs and wants.

The structure does nothing but facilitate the individual.

Thanks again!

Which is why America is in trouble. A growing percentage of individuals want to take out more than they're willing to kick in, politicians promise everything to get elected, they get elected, tax this group more to give more to that group, more individuals jump on the gimme bandwagon, politicians promise, it works, tax this group more to give more to that group, repeat until the riots. The individual is voting for an unsustainable structure and I'm not sure it can be changed.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think Americans, and Brown Cafe folks as well, need to worry more about how everyone else lives and how they like to spend their money. Then and only then will things get better.