Amount of raise on 8-1-09?

5starj

I have been discussing this with co-workers. How is our raise going to be split up? It's supposed to be split evenly half in August and the other half in February. With this raise being .75 are we getting 37 and a half cent on 8-1? I have a feeling we're going to get screwed somehow.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have been discussing this with co-workers. How is our raise going to be split up? It's supposed to be split evenly half in August and the other half in February. With this raise being .75 are we getting 37 and a half cent on 8-1? I have a feeling we're going to get screwed somehow.
If you are worried about not getting 1/2 of a cent raise (or 5 cents) until 6 months from now, I think you may already be screwed. :wink2:

sano

...OR he simply has a very precise budget and the $.005 will really throw a wrench in the works.
Thats like 2 pennies every 40 hours. This company is always taking advantage of people.

2 pennies is not even counting what we would lose if we get overtime. We should all file on this!
:happy-very:

Big Babooba

If you are worried about not getting 1/2 of a cent raise (or 5 cents) until 6 months from now, I think you may already be screwed. :wink2:

...OR he simply has a very precise budget and the $.005 will really throw a wrench in the works.

Thats like 2 pennies every 40 hours. This company is always taking advantage of people.

2 pennies is not even counting what we would lose if we get overtime. We should all file on this!
:happy-very:
That 1/2 cent per hour + the overtime rate x the amount of employees affected x 6 months = BIG BUCKS to UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoax/danny/tie, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't UPS have 2 banks to process their payroll, one on each coast? I have been told that they pay the employees on the West Coast from the East Coast bank and vice versa and make money on the interest that accumulates as the checks are processed. Is this true or was someone having some fun at my expense?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Hoax/danny/tie, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't UPS have 2 banks to process their payroll, one on each coast? I have been told that they pay the employees on the West Coast from the East Coast bank and vice versa and make money on the interest that accumulates as the checks are processed. Is this true or was someone having some fun at my expense?

You may be right...my paycheck comes from Texas

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I'm guessing that 99% of all employees are on direct deposit. I am, and my money is deposited into my account before I even show up to work on Friday morning.

upser_J

it will probably be .37 now and .38 in feb 2010. This split wage was the biggest concession the union gave up in to, but in all honesty, any raise now is better than none! True that UPS is saving millions, probably billions this way. I will be the last person to complain about having to wait for that half a cent

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I just asked a simple question....sorry:peaceful:

It is a small sum of money I agree, I was just curious about how they were going to split it.

*sigh*
Hi Lou, yes, it is a simple question. The answer is:

• Aug. 1, 2009 raise = $0.375/hour
  • Feb. 1, 2010 raise = $0.375/hour
I understand how unusual 1/2 cent looks, but that's the way it is. My local (only info I have ready access to) has had wage rates ending in $0.005 since at least 8-1-02, probably longer for all I know. Think of gas prices, almost always ending in $0.009. And if your wage includes an odd # of cents, say $12.87, the OT rate is $19.305
If you're worried about being "screwed", don't worry about the half-cent. There are bigger and better ways to be "screwed", IF YOU LET IT HAPPEN.