Amusing "Concern" that came into our center

Cementups

Box Monkey
I find a hard time believing in any religion that claims to be based on love ( simplified description ) with exceptions because that person is "that guy".
y

Jesus.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey

irregardless
originated in dialectal american speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is thatthere is no such word. there is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. use regardless instead.

texan

So then my father, myself and my son are all the same being? Because the last I checked Jesus was the son of God.
Except for my landscaper, Jesus. He is the son of Juan and Maria..
The Father is a Spirit.

You and I are also spirits in a human body.

How the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are one, is a spiritual thing,
that no one can truly grasp or explain in my opinion.

Our human spirits need to be born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

This can only occur when ones accepts that the Father sent His Son, to take our sin, by shedding His
blood and dying in our place.

One must repent, accept they have fallen short, and turn the other way towards Him and His standards.

It is His plan, His method.

The pain, suffering, hatred, and evil in this earth is man's own doing.

We have free will. Follow His Decree's or one does not.

Some say which one's? If I mix linen and wool, and keep all 10 Commandments, do I disqualify?

The 10 Commandments that Yeshua / Jesus shared with the rich young ruler are an
excellent place to start. (Matthew 19:16-22)

But if one reads that passage, the one area that dominated the heart of the rich man
was his love of money.

He was confronted on the one area that dominated his heart. He would not let it go and walked away.

The original 613 Commandments in Torah / old Testament were in most part for the 1st people
group the Jews, that the Father decided to make them separate and unique.

There is much value in all of those to study.

But an example of one, circumcision, is not required for non-Jews, only repentance, faith in the Son's
act of shedding of blood and dying, and a change in life style is required.

To me, repentance is saying within ones heart, Father you are right, I am wrong, I need to change.

My take on the Messiah, the Father, the Bible, and what it all means.

I have fallen short even after my born again experience.

I go and repent, and ask for forgiveness and attempt to not do it again.

But as all, I have this human body that is flesh, and it has no desire to do right.

I am a spirit that must have control over this body and its carnal ways guided by
the reading of His Word and that inner voice that dwells within me, if I will listen.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
So is God a jokester or maybe cruel to create a group of his children, plop them in the middle of nowhere left to their own devices, and if no one comes along to introduce the bible and Christianity then essentially doom them from the start irregardless of how well they live their lives?

Another hypothetical. Take for instance a child with DS. One of Gods creations. His parents raise him right. Take him to church. Read him the bible. Teach him the prayers. He can recite them all. But do to his affliction, one of the side effects being reduced mental capacity, even though he can tell you about God can it be proven he is a believer or just reciting what he was taught? Will he go to hell even though he was raised a good Christian because deep down inside the neurons that fire in his brain don't truly connect to make him a true believer although no fault of his own. Would a different DS child be allowed in heaven because his brain was afflicted less?

We are all individuals here on this earth. The countless billions that have lived, currently live and will live on this earth, are all individuals. Our souls(spirits if you will) are what creates our uniqueness. Where did these souls reside before they were sent here to this earth? And where will these souls go when their time here on this earth is complete? I think it is the same place.

The haters can hate. The atheists can deny. The fact remains is that the humans and everything about this world cannot be explained rationally by conventional science. The human body alone with all its systems is a brilliant piece of bio-mechanical engineering designed by someone with god-like intelligence. A god? Perhaps. And this same intelligence is the creator of our intelligences that we call spirits or souls and they must reside somewhere.

We were all sent here to be tested. By nature, there is opposition in all things. Our test is how well we manage our lives and balance the good with the evil. For all things good there are things of an evil nature to test our resolve. Very few men are born evil but the ways of the world and the natural man can and will draw us away from our paths we have chosen.

Those that are born to this earth with mental challenges are special. Not because of the needs they may require to function among us but because of the place their spirits hold in heaven. They are special spirits but they too need to come to this earth to be tested. Their tests are far and away easier than what any others might have to endure but they are tested just the same.

texan

So is God a jokester or maybe cruel to create a group of his children, plop them in the middle of nowhere left to their own devices, and if no one comes along to introduce the bible and Christianity then essentially doom them from the start irregardless of how well they live their lives?

Another hypothetical. Take for instance a child with DS. One of Gods creations. His parents raise him right. Take him to church. Read him the bible. Teach him the prayers. He can recite them all. But do to his affliction, one of the side effects being reduced mental capacity, even though he can tell you about God can it be proven he is a believer or just reciting what he was taught? Will he go to hell even though he was raised a good Christian because deep down inside the neurons that fire in his brain don't truly connect to make him a true believer although no fault of his own. Would a different DS child be allowed in heaven because his brain was afflicted less?
I have not all the above answers.....

But I pray for DS at times, so His parents prayers have caused the most unlikley poster "Texan" a
Messianic Jew to continue to post and pray for DS.

I also at times pray for you Cachsux. Go figure......

Get mad, it is ok. I am grown and can take the back blast..

Bless You sir and DS.

kingOFchester

To be honest, I hate that saying, but.....I am envious of those who embrace and believe in a God. It certainly would be comforting to have those beliefs. Heck, I could eat like a pig, not worry about my weight and cholesterol and the like because there would be a better place at the end of life here on earth. Trim a few years off my life wouldn't matter.

Cementups

Box Monkey

But I pray for DS at times, so His parents prayers have caused the most unlikley poster "Texan" a

Bless You sir and DS.

he wasn't talking about DS. He was using DS as the abbreviation for Down's Syndrome.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Without proof either way on religion or evolution I am still on the fence, but my mind tells me that evolution is the way. Until then both religion and evolution are theories. But if picked for a game of dodgeball my homeboy Darwin would have me as a player.

kingOFchester

Without proof either way on religion or evolution I am still on the fence, but my mind tells me that evolution is the way. Until then both religion and evolution are theories. But if picked for a game of dodgeball my homeboy Darwin would have me as a player.

You are on a plane, it is on fire and out of control falling from the sky. Do you throw out a last ditch prayer?

But I pray for DS at times, so His parents prayers have caused the most unlikely poster "Texan" a

Bless You sir and DS.

Thank You Tex, prayers are appreciated.

Believe or not I fully support anyones right to faith and religion. I only go to war with those that don't support my right to what I choose. I also am against the hypocrisy of those that claim to be devout............unless you're one of those gays...............or call God by a different name.............or are a woman that for whatever reason she felt compelled to make that difficult yet legal choice, etc etc. Be a person of God or don't, but you can't swing both ways. IMO, if the above and anything else is a sin in their choice of holy books then I'm sure God is fully capable of settling the tab when judgment comes. Until then there's no reason for fellow sinners to make judgment on them until then.

Yes, I was talking Down Syndrome. I have personal reasons for why I asked and I pretty much got the answer I expected.

I do find humor though in that when you misinterpreted my talk of challenged individuals you thought I was talking about Canadians. :happy-very:

I saw this documentary on Netflix, The Saint of 9/11. I remember seeing the photos of his body being carried out of the wreckage. I won't ruin the surprising things I learned from watching it but I will say what I learned made this man someone who might get me to go to church and find my faith. See if you can find it somewhere to rent.

Saint of 9/11 Trailer - YouTube

Indecisi0n

Whether you believe or not right before you die say "I repent all my sins". And your holy again. You have nothing to lose right.

Indecisi0n

I know if I was going down in that hypothetical plane I'd jump the hottest stewardess.........then ask for forgiveness.

Only you could have time to find a stewardess, have sex with her and still have time to ask for forgiveness in a plane crash.