An extremely upset pre-loader

H

HowNowBrownCow101

I have been working at UPS for a little over two months. I have worked 2 peak seasons previously so I am not new to loading cars, splitting, etc. I was hired before a certain day in october so I am now a 'permanent' employee. Or so they say.
Long story short, my mother works in the same building as me. When I started, things were kind of rocky. I was injured the 2nd day on the job (fell through a platform behind a truck) & They would send me home because there wasn't any/enough work or seniority sent me home. A little while into working, they changed my station to loading a trailer and 3 cars by myself. I have severe anxiety. And upon coming into work, I had anxiety attacks for 2 days. I cant control when these happen. I can only calm them down. So when this happened, of course my supervisor went to my mom and asked why I dont want to work, said I was too emotional, etc. Which is not the case whatsoever. Then my supervisor didnt want to work me so I was sent to a new belt.
And today I asked to go home, because I am extremely sick. I had a 104 fever, body aches, ect. at 11:30pm when my s/o came home from work. Start time was at 2am, and when i tried to call in no one answered. So the only logical thing to do was tell my supervisor I was sick and see if anyone could cover me. They ended up finding someone and sending me home, but they are going to my mother and saying that I dont want to work. I am extremely upset at whats going on and really dont know what to do at this point. please help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you have 104 temp, you need to go see a doctor!
Then, and only then, think about your situation at work.
Take doctor notice to your supervisor and tell him you want to work but you were too sick to work today/yesterday.

H

HowNowBrownCow101

I have made an appointment to see one this morning. I am hoping for antibiotics.
The thing I am most worried about, are the supervisors going to my mom and saying that I don't want to work and are threatening my job. What should I do about that?

btw, thank you so much for replying.

Indecisi0n

Sorry but you sound like one of those guys who always has an "excuse" not to work. You have taken off more time in two months than I have in 6. You need to get your priorities straight. I bet while making book you had none of these issues because if you did they wouldn't have hired you.

Last edited:
H

HowNowBrownCow101

Honestly, I am not one to continually make excuses. And I don't want to leave that impression. I am just trying to get advice. I want to work for a great company just like everyone else.

H

HowNowBrownCow101

Do you ever feel like the universe is working against you? Cause thats how it is right now.
My mother has been working at ups for 22 years. She has instilled a great work ethic in all of her children. I am really trying my hardest. I just don't know what to do.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you ever feel like the universe is working against you? Cause thats how it is right now.
My mother has been working at ups for 22 years. She has instilled a great work ethic in all of her children. I am really trying my hardest. I just don't know what to do.

The only thing you CAN do is prove them wrong, by showing up on time for work and working your butt off. It's just that simple.

BTW, you can't control what anyone else thinks or says. You can only control what YOU do

Last edited:
H

HowNowBrownCow101

You're extremely right. I guess thats the best thing to do. Thank you.

H

HowNowBrownCow101

Yes. I know. And I think things would be a lot less stressful if I was not working with her. But I can't change shifts now, unfortunately.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Sorry but you sound like one of those guys who always has an "excuse" not to work. You have taken off more time in two months than I have in 6. You need to get your priorities straight. I bet while making book you had none of these issues because if you did they wouldn't have hired you.
Kind of have to agree on this one. I can sympathize with a lot of people but honestly I see this all the time. 100 excuses someone can't do something and not one excuse why they can do it. I've worked sick, I've worked injured, sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wah i'm sick. You dont go home or call out during peak...barring an ER visit or something. I have worked sick many times when i was new. Man up...mama's boy....seriously. Or you will not last long here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
3t4cy2.jpg

UPSGUY72

There more to this story that your not telling us. Just show up to work ready to work everyday. Also your new and a PTimer you don't pick which job you will be doing they do and it could change based on how well you do at which position.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Am I the only one that comes in to work sick as a dog but takes my paid sick days as play days/stress-free days ????
This is the time of year that you better be in the ER if you don't walk through that door in the morning !!!