An interesting dilemma

AKX

Hembone, I can appreciate your effort in getting the package to the right customer but Imagine if while coming back threw the intersection of N and E you were T boned Tier 3 or while you were out of the truck delivering the FDX package you were hit while parked. Good luck getting your supervisor to tell you that "you did the right thing" then.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well, Soberups better worry that his customer doesn't come on BC and see the photgraph taken by him.
As his customer, I would think "What a lazy p....k".
"He took the time to get his cam out, take a pic, and then even upload it onto the net, but he simply couldn't pick up that small package from fedex for me" ?

I would be disapointed and would be thinking, what happened to this world , today ? Everybody just keeps thinking of themselves !

And like someone previous posted : What if someone was home ?
He'ld have to make a fool of himself and tell the customer that a small package was left by fedex infront of the gate.
Sure would make the wrong one look lazy now, wouldn't it ?

It's not about being lazy, rather liability.
What if he drops it, breaks it, gets caught on video picking it up and it turns up missing, etc.
It's easy to sit on your coach, with your less than 20/20 hindsight, and Monday morning quarterback.
Reality has it that he was being paid to do a job and that job doesn't include cleaning up after the FedEx driver.
Cheers!!!

Well, Soberups better worry that his customer doesn't come on BC and see the photgraph taken by him.
"He took the time to get his cam out, take a pic, and then even upload it onto the net, but he simply couldn't pick up that small package from fedex for me" ?

I would be disapointed and would be thinking, what happened to this world , today ? Everybody just keeps thinking of themselves !

He'ld have to make a fool of himself and tell the customer that a small package was left by fedex infront of the gate.
Dislike very much

rocket man

another pointless opinion

klein

Für Meno :)
Do what you do. If I see my neighbors empty garbage bin rolling around in the wind, I pick it up and put it in a safe place.
If I see a package outdoors that might get wet or is insecure, again, I put it in a safe place.

Maybe, it's just me, but others around here think the same as I do.
We (I) do the best that people aren't unneccesary harmed, be it with a missing package, or some other item flying in the wind that they own.

A lost dog I rather take in, and post an ad on Kijiji then to take it to the animal shelter. Perhaps the next day let the dog walk off leash , with me behind, so it can find it's way home.

Makes everybody happy. But some of you, just don't seem to get it.

We help each other out here. That's the way it is.
By picking up that package, I would be helping out the fedex driver and the customer - whats wrong with that ?

hembone

You went out of your way to deliver a Fedex package while on the clock and in a UPS vehicle. You weren't working for UPS while you did this on the UPS clock. The very definition of stealing time.

Just sayin....
By that line of thinking who hasn't stolen time. I can't believe anyone hasn't taken "a minute or two" to talk to a customer about a ball game or something not related to the job.

Who are you to pass judgment? Too lazy to touch a pen to a job app but you can come on here and critique a veteran driver? Hell, you're too lazy to spell check your own post. Go sit on a beer bottle.

Do what you do. If I see my neighbors empty garbage bin rolling around in the wind, I pick it up and put it in a safe place.
If I see a package outdoors that might get wet or is insecure, again, I put it in a safe place.

Maybe, it's just me, but others around here think the same as I do.
We (I) do the best that people aren't unneccesary harmed, be it with a missing package, or some other item flying in the wind that they own.

A lost dog I rather take in, and post an ad on Kijiji then to take it to the animal shelter. Perhaps the next day let the dog walk off leash , with me behind, so it can find it's way home.

Makes everybody happy. But some of you, just don't seem to get it.

We help each other out here. That's the way it is.
By picking up that package, I would be helping out the fedex driver and the customer - whats wrong with that ?
images

klein

Who are you to pass judgment? Too lazy to touch a pen to a job app but you can come on here and critique a veteran driver? Hell, you're too lazy to spell check your own post. Go sit on a beer bottle.

Like you'll make me feel bad today ! I'm just laughing ! (all the way to the bank, too) !
Got a contract as of today from a Liquor Store I used to work p/t for (side job), to start delivering liquor from his store.
I didn't need a pen ! I called him up, talked to him, went and gone to see him - it's a done deal !
I get 10% of all the liquor I purchase, plus $10 per delivery, plus my tips.

As some of you may know, I recently lost my car keys.... but got them back today :)
So, since yersterday, I have been trying to get a case of beer delivered to me - NOTHING out there !
This could be my little fortune maker now. We shall see.
But, in preperation, I already called a lady friend of mine, if she could help me out.... and luckily she can :)

So, now it's just not groceries anymore, but also liquor and cigs, even fast food if they want it.
$10 for 1 stop, $5 for each additional stop.

Looking good ! :)

Like you'll make me feel bad today ! I'm just laughing ! (all the way to the bank, too) !
Got a contract as of today from a Liquor Store I used to work p/t for (side job), to start delivering liquor from his store.
I didn't need a pen ! I called him up, talked to him, went and gone to see him - it's a done deal !

As some of you may know, I recently lost my car keys.... but got them back today :)
So, since yersterday, I have been trying to get a case of beer delivered to me - NOTHING out there !
But, in preperation, I already called a lady friend of mine, if she could help me out.... and luckily she can :)

So, now it's just not groceries anymore, but also liquor and cigs, even fast food if they want it.

images

klein

Gee, just got a call back from that owner of that liquor store. Thought he may have changed his mind and would shut me down.
Nope, he offered me to work in his store , starting next week.
I'll do it !
So back to work next week, I suppose.

Don't take this the wrong way but do you have some kind of mental disability?? You seem a little bit off. My brother in law is (to be politically correct) mentally challenged. I'm pretty sure he could post on a message board. My father in law had to give him a house and get him a job as a laborer. His mom does all his financial stuff and sends him food. Poor S O B is dumb as a box of rocks but he gets through life kinda like you. Keep plugging man

klein

Don't take this the wrong way but do you have some kind of mental disability?? You seem a little bit off. My brother in law is (to be politically correct) mentally challenged. I'm pretty sure he could post on a message board. My father in law had to give him a house and get him a job as a laborer. His mom does all his financial stuff and sends him food. Poor S O B is dumb as a box of rocks but he gets through life kinda like you. Keep plugging man

Sorry maaaannnn, but if I can find ways to earn over $1000 a day, I'll try them.
I no longer believe in slaying away in a UPS truck, accounting for every second of the day, not getting home until 9pm daily, for a lousy $200.
Why would I ? If I can make only 20 deliverys a day and earn the same ? Do 40 and earn double !
I got all day, hell I can do a lot more.

You don't get it man ! You never will. Some have it, and some don't. Simple as that !