An introduction...

HBGPreloader

Hello fellow UPSers,
I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago and I'm finding it interesting enough to participate. It seems one can learn a lot here.
About me - I work the preload shift as a package car loader at the local hub, here in south central PA. I've been there for about a year and a half now which is about a year and a half too long :happy2:.
Although the job and pay sucks, it keeps me in shape (I'm 40something) and it's helping pay the bills though these tough times. I can't complain about the benefits though.
I have no intentions of going full time, but who knows what tomorrow brings.
Although I'm still relatively new to the company and this forum, I'll try to contribute when I can. However, I expect this will be mainly a learning experience.

Cheers,

Checkers

HBGPreloader

Thanks for the warm welcome.
It doesn't make things ok, but it's good to know that I'm not alone thinking that there's room for improvement with the way the company does things.
BTW, I'm all about having fun when I can. [evil]Preferably at a bosses expense[/evil]
Cementups,
it's good to see that I'm not alone. You're on the run-out belt, eh? I've heard some horror stories about that area, from a loader's point of view. Are they true? If so, I would assume the drivers get the worst of it.
I'm on box line 1 and load packages headed to Mechanicsburg, mainly the area in and around Rosmoyne Business Center. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because they haven't moved me for a while now.

Cheers,

Checkers

Cementups

Box Monkey
Cementups,
it's good to see that I'm not alone. You're on the run-out belt, eh? I've heard some horror stories about that area, from a loader's point of view. Are they true? If so, I would assume the drivers get the worst of it.
I'm on box line 1 and load packages headed to Mechanicsburg, mainly the area in and around Rosmoyne Business Center. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because they haven't moved me for a while now.

I used to be a Preloader, 13 years ago. And yes, the runout belt sucks for loading. As a result our loads aren't as good since the loaders are always hurrying to clear the belts. A lot of throwing happens and no lip loading or orderly loads.

My loader now is pretty good. She cares a little and she realizes that if you make the load neater that you can fit more in the truck. a little time and effort makes everybodies jobs a little easier. Even yours.

HBGPreloader

So that explains why a lot of my packages look like they've been through a stampede.
Thanks for confirming the rumors. Now I know to avoid the area like the plague :)

Checkers