An Irritated Feeder Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dracula, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Any one else get tired of seeing this:FullSizeRender.jpg
  2. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Looks like the doo hickey is
    Plugged into the thing a ma jig
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I see that some idiot hooked the chains to the bottom bar and didn't twist the air hose to keep it away from the pintle. I've seen seasoned pros hook the chains to the bottom bar backward! I've seen air hoses punchured when left like this.

How about the idiots that wrap the air hose from the trailer around the pintle under the flapper. A good way to damage it if you happen to back to far and hit the pintle hook on the dolly.

Or the lazy SOB's that wrap the dolly light cord around the pogo stick and attach it to the tank drain cable. It is a pain to try and unwrap when it is cold outside. The cord is too stiff.

I could go on but I digress.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Spoken just like a jayhawk. ;)
  5. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Rock Chalk!!!!
  6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Well, you know as well as I do, some drivers are going to do the least amount of work possible. There is still a little track star in some newbies as well. Management, at least where I was trained new drivers to unhook the safety chains and just drop them on the ground. I never did that. I was old school. cross them under the dolly to make it easier on the next guy. I'd also bleed the air tank when I dropped it.
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You may be the first person I put on ignore. Lol
  8. MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti Active Member

I'm just happy if our dollies have the air lines connected too each other. Anything more than that and I don't know what to say!
  9. Dracula

I was referring to the hose not being twisted into the hole. Yeah, that's irritating when the hooks are hooked backwards. I don't care if they wrap the light cord around the totem when you seperate the trailers, but at least unwrap it when you drop the dolly in the dolly pile. My big pet peeve? Drivers who are incapable of backing a dolly relatively straight into a dolly pile, and instead, merely drive perpendicular in front of the pile and drop their dolly square in front of the rest of the dollies. Then, no one, except a spotter can move it. Who are these animals?

I could go on forever. Spotters who drive like they're getting paid by the move, and don't bother to wear their seat belt. Drivers who are too damn lazy to red tag obvious problems, because, "Hey, the next guy will take care of it." That would be me. I appreciate the extra OT fixing others failures, but it still makes you scratch your head and wonder about the future of feeders with so many burner PC drivers making their way back here.

PS, this is how most of us appreciate getting a new dolly:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Dracula

And yeah, I'm the one who red tagged the dolly for the light cord. Wasn't hard to see...
  11. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

We were trained to not leave the chain's hooked to the handles. You are adding extra weight when you have to pick it up.
  12. Indy Professor

Indy Professor New Member

I don't care for the light cord passing through the handle. Good way to rip it out of the socket on tight left turns.
  13. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I don't get it, what is the point of putting the hose down in the hole like that? I have never done that, or even seen that.
  14. MoarTape

MoarTape Active Member

I can't stand it when people find an issue with a dolly, and rather than red tagging it, they leave it in the dolly pile with the tongue up in the air.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. MoarTape

MoarTape Active Member

We were told that this can damage the light cord. Not sure if it does or not, I just know they don't want us doing it.
  16. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

English MFr. Do you speak it?!
  17. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

What, are your period? Every situation you describe is a non issue if you get out a pretrip every piece of equipment as you take possession of it.
  18. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Hose looks better, but the chains are still hooked to the bottom bar. Makes it a little difficult to reach across the dolly down to the bottom bar to get to the chain with the pogo stick there.
  19. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Hope you didn't pull that dolly. It is red tagged.
  20. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I do. Typing on a cell phone and spell checker did not catch punchured. Sorry. I'm sure you got the point.