An Irritated Feeder Driver

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
002.JPG

This broker got lucky he dropped it right in the railyard.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 135

raceanoncr

^
Here, yrs ago, Union Pacific packers were p.o.d at UPS and they'd drop trailers on ground like this, even tho there was guy on foot that had to unhook from car to car.

Wasn't putting air/hydraulic/legged trailers on rail then. Only Zs. Crank legs. Yeah, we had to hand crank low gear all the way to where we could slam it on.

Would I do it now? Remember, I said, "yrs ago".

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That truck looks mighty clean to be a contractor, you sure it's not a ups sleeper? Either way the rail should have told him to start cranking lol must have been in the way

Sent using BrownCafe App

I would lile to agree, but where I'm at, the sleeper teams aren't running to the railyard. We would go and pick them upnand bring them to the hub, where the sleepers would take em from there

Pickles

Probably came from meadowlands -_-

As for contractors one didn't have a cell phone a wallet or any id but he still left with a load. Sure hope it got there. Ya know I look at the trailers going down the road and they aren't sealed very good. You would think with contractors we should be sealing them as if they're going on the rail; bolts and wires.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I saw an (UPS management) email a couple years ago where a contractor had to stop and get drugs and the drug dealer held him up at gun point and made him leave his set. The dealer went through every single box in 2 - 28' trailors.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
That truck looks mighty clean to be a contractor, you sure it's not a ups sleeper? Either way the rail should have told him to start cranking lol must have been in the way

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm quite sure. I was picking up a trailer four down from him when I heard the BOOM.

UPS4Life

I would lile to agree, but where I'm at, the sleeper teams aren't running to the railyard. We would go and pick them upnand bring them to the hub, where the sleepers would take em from there
Yeah our sleepers don't see the rail yard either. It was just an observation the truck is mighty clean for a contractor lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

robot

Has A Large Member
Some rail yards slap one of those on when you're inbounding into their yards.

Take the security guards like 15 minutes to get them off. Usually just swing by automotive and they saw it off.