An ugly prediction that you can hold me to...

P

pickup

sober said this: Instead...we will have up to ten of our seniority drivers being used as helpers or...get this....making deliveries on mountain bikes towing trailers.

Am I reading this correctly? "used as helpers or making deliveries on mountain bikes. And the guys on the mountain bikes would be high or low seniority drivers? Is this in the job description? If the drivers will indeed be riding the bikes, what does the union have to say about this?

upsgrunt

Stops per hour would go way down, but stops per mile would go sky high because it would show 0 miles on those routes. My bet is that is the number they are hoping for.

Judging by that picture, UPS better pray it does not rain. Since many packages will not fit in a standard DR bag, they will be riding around in the rain with those oversize packages unprotected.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I can see it now....arriving at your first stop and ringing that pathetic bike bell to announce your arrival. Probably only the cat could hear that sound.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does the driver turn the front wheel of the bike into the curb so it doesn't roll away when he parks it?

40 and out

How about an IE or corporate person coming on here and explaining this insanity? Using bikes where it rains or snows the entire month of December. If this is true are you out of your freaking minds?