And again goodbye to yet another corrupt democrat

tieguy

Banned
The governor of illinois selling barrack Obamas senate seat to the highest bidder? Busted after a three year investigation?

Somehow we are expected to believe Obama escaped corruption filled chicago sqeaky clean?:happy-very:

Channahon

It was just a matter of time that Blagojevich got arrested and indicted on his corrupt politics.

As far as Obama, well he's distanced himself from the governor when he started campaigning, although Tony Rezko was a fundraiser for both of them, and Tony owns the property next to Obama's mansion, as part of the real estate deal.

Obama did not invited Blagojevich to his election night celebration, by choice. So, I'm guessing, Obama has some knowledge of the corruption in the state of Illinois.

The Feds did such a nice job, they have a 79 page indictment against the governor, mail and wire fraud, and have been tapping his home phone and did wire tapping to seal the deal.

You wonder how anyone can be so stupid, but in the Pay to Play politics in Illinois, no politcal position is assigned, it's purchased by kickbacks or campaign contributions, so the dishonest politicians can run for office yet again, and stiff the people of the State of Illinois.

Im sitting back and waiting to see what the Feds might come up with Mayor Daly, as he is sometimes referred to having - Fedsheimer disease when the Feds get too close for comfort. Seems he can't recall any incident when asked.

The federal prisons system might have a wing for all the corrupt Illinois politicians twho are greedy and have no interest in the public, just them, their cronies and families.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mrs Patti Blogjevich was next!!

diesel96

The governor of illinois selling barrack Obamas senate seat to the highest bidder? Busted after a three year investigation?

Somehow we are expected to believe Obama escaped corruption filled chicago sqeaky clean?:happy-very:

:woohoo:<------Tieguy "I can't wait for tonight to see how Hannity is going to tie Barack Obama with the Illnios Governer"

Channahon

Governor Blagojevich: In His Own Words

Caution - Rod Blagojevich has some issues using proper language. To get the point across how arrogant and egotistical he is, I **** out the true spelling of the words he used. I'm surprised the words were in the article.

In October, federal investigators obtained permission to tap Gov. Rod Blagojevich's home phone and phones at his campaign office.

Efforts to obtain personal benefits in return for U.S. Senate appointment:

Blagojevich considered taking the job himself: "If ... they're not going to offer anything of any value, then I might just take it."

Later he says: "Unless I get something real good for [Senate Candidate 1], *****, I'll just send myself, you know what I'm saying. I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I'm saying.

"And if I don't get what I want and I'm not satisfied with it, then I'll just take the Senate seat myself. [The Senate seat] "is a friendg valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing."

In a separate conversation, Blagojevich says: "I've got this thing and it's friendg golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for friend**n' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there."

Blagojevich also asked what he can get from President-elect Obama
for the Senate seat: "Can [the President-elect] help in the private sector. . . where it wouldn't be tied to him? . . .I mean, so it wouldn't necessarily look like one for the other."

Blagojevich said that consultants (believed to be on the call at that time) are telling him that he has to "suck it up" for two years and do nothing and give this "motherf****er [the President-elect] his
senator. ****** him. For nothing? ****** him."

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am not a fan of Rod's at all and will not vote for him again as he has turned his back on alot of supporters who helped him get here. Any dem would have won after what the republican gov did to this state and was convicted of (George Ryan).

But in all fairness hes been under investigation for some time and publicly everyone knew. However they accuse him of selling obama's seat which ha only been up for grabs for the last month. Either he is really stupid! Or its a witch hunt only time will tell.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This guy is not going away, he plans to use everything he can to leverage a deal in his favor.
.................................................................................................
After 01-20-08 , just which federal lawyers do you think the O will can ?
Remember the uproar that the dems cause when Bush let a few hold overs from Clinton go ( in his second term ). Do you think O will can the federal atty that is charging the Ill governor ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We can all thank Dick Durbin, who has throw Gov Rod under the bus first.
No need to wait for due process, he calls for a special election to fill the empty seat.

wkmac

We can all thank Dick Durbin, who has throw Gov Rod under the bus first.
No need to wait for due process, he calls for a special election to fill the empty seat.

Yeah, democrats when this news broke heard this far away echoie voice of Obie Wan saying:

RUN LUKE RUN!

as in as far from this guy as they can get. It would seem on the surface that Obama from the info is clear on this because Obama suggested a possible candidate and when the good Gov. came back with his counter offer, Obama's people said no thanks. Now they should have turned his (!) in right then and maybe through some backdoor they did but I'm sure that subject will be debated till the cows come home.
:happy-very:

Either way, Obama will have to wear the stigmata of Chicago style politics and I heard this morning that Illinois has had 4 governors go to jail in the last century (actually less than that) so you people up in Illinois need to take a long look in the mirror because this really begins to question you more than the people you elect to office IMO.

wkmac

I am not a fan of Rod's at all and will not vote for him again as he has turned his back on alot of supporters who helped him get here. Any dem would have won after what the republican gov did to this state and was convicted of (George Ryan).

But in all fairness hes been under investigation for some time and publicly everyone knew. However they accuse him of selling obama's seat which ha only been up for grabs for the last month. Either he is really stupid! Or its a witch hunt only time will tell.

Red,

No argument the feds have a long history of witch hunts but unless some trickery is shown in the transcripts, your Gov's own words IMO more than convict him. Sounds like both political parties are corrupt up your way so you guys need to seriously look at 3rd or independent candidates. Might start shaking the tree of bad fruit and even have the positive effect of doing the rest of the country some good too. Lots of bad apples everywhere!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's really scary to think that B.O. comes from the Illinois political system......so like that was his training ground for politics. Corruption galore. Scary stuff !!:sad-little:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: New Stamp

The Postal Service has issued a new Obama stamp commemorating corruption
in Chicago- it costs $.43 but you'll never make it stick.

Channahon

Jesse Jackson Jr. Is 'Senate Candidate 5'

Congressman Releases Statement Denouncing Pay-To-Play Politics

Reporting
Mike Flannery
CHICAGO (CBS) ― Federal investigators have asked Chicago Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. to come in to discuss what he knows about Gov. Rod Blagojevich's allegedly scandalous handling of the U.S. Senate vacancy.

CBS 2 News has learned that Jackson Jr. is the person identified in federal documents as "Senate Candidate #5," who allegedly discussed giving the governor $500,000 up front prior to appointment, then raising another $1 million afterwards.

Jackson Jr. issued a written statement Wednesday morning: "Since the federal investigation of the Governor is ongoing, it would be inappropriate for me to comment beyond my initial statement. However, I reject and denounce pay-to-play politics and have no involvement whatsoever in any wrongdoing. I won't hesitate to cooperate fully and completely with the federal government's investigation."

The Illinois general assembly reconvenes next Monday in an emergency session to begin action on legislation that would require a special election to fill President-elect Barack Obama's now-vacant U.S. senate seat, stripping the governor of his sole power to appoint a replacement.

Congressman Mark Kirk said Wednesday morning that he believes "Senate Candidate #5" could face criminal charges if he or she played an active role in the conspiracy to buy and sell a senate seat.

over9five

Staff member
I don't think Obama is dirty in this EXCEPT that we'd all be fools if we thought he had no knowledge of any of this.
And as a man of "reform" and "change", why did he turn a blind eye to it? Why didn't he turn his cronies in? This looks bad for him, happening in his own back yard. How can we expect him to run the country when he (allegedly) doesn't know what goes on in his own city?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Either way, Obama will have to wear the stigmata of Chicago style politics and I heard this morning that Illinois has had 4 governors go to jail in the last century (actually less than that) so you people up in Illinois need to take a long look in the mirror because this really begins to question you more than the people you elect to office IMO.
The way I heard it the tally is 79 pols. sent to jail since 1971

Bad Gas!

It's bad when politicians abuse their power.It happens on both sides of the isles.The voters are the losers for trusting their canidates.